Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing An Iac Valve

suddste

Hi,

I think i've found my problem. I belieive it's the idle air control valve but please tell me if i'm wrong. Earlier today I was driving with the windows down as it was hot but then decided to put on the air conditioning, up the windows, and put on the radio all at once while driving at 30mph. A few seconds later I needed to turn left and when I went into neutral, the steering became heavy, and I noticed that it had stalled.

Before I noticed when going to idle with the air conditioning the car shuddered a bit.

I think it's the IAC valve so I want to know how to replace it and if it's easy or not. I think i've identified it here:

2011-10-01161515.jpg

Thanks

I would check power steering fluid level, and check for leaks from the resevior. The IACV won't have any effect the steering at all.

I would check power steering fluid level, and check for leaks from the resevior. The IACV won't have any effect the steering at all.

The steering would be effected if the car has stalled though. Looking at your photo it will be a piece of cake to replace ICV. Unlike my wifes SportKA which is right underneath the inlet manifold and the throttle body has to come out just to get at it.

There should be a connection to the aircon that increases the cars revs in order to stop it stalling. Im not sure where it is or how you can identify it. It may be this that is your problem as ICV issues are normally noticeable without the aircon on.

The steering would be effected if the car has stalled though. Looking at your photo it will be a piece of cake to replace ICV. Unlike my wifes SportKA which is right underneath the inlet manifold and the throttle body has to come out just to get at it.

There should be a connection to the aircon that increases the cars revs in order to stop it stalling. Im not sure where it is or how you can identify it. It may be this that is your problem as ICV issues are normally noticeable without the aircon on.

yeah it was because the car had stalled that the steering was heavy. The engine vibrates still without the air conditioning on. Air conditioning makes it worse. It seems worse when theres high electrical load on the system, the engine will vibrate more, for example opening the electric windows.

I have taken the IACV and it didnt seem that dirty, i'm not sure what dirty looks like on one of these.

I just dont know what else it could be, the stall happened when going to neutral so obviously it had to idle, it stalled then, it must be the IACV?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club