#1 Emmajor25

Emmajor25

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Emma
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170
  • Year: 2002

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

Hi all, I duno if any1 can help me but im having a spot of trouble with my 2002 st170. When i go to slow down or stop and my rev idle falls to about 1000 on my rpm but when stood still it's like my car cant keep it's revs causing it to die when dropped below 1000 rpm. but if rev'ed at the right moment i can keep it alive. While doing this the battery light comes on. When driving i have no problems like this, its only when stopping or stopped. I have recently changed the Crankshaft sensor and also spark plugs. Fuel is good level and so is oil. Does any1 know why it does this and how to fix it? Many thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 11,099 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

Hi all, I duno if any1 can help me but im having a spot of trouble with my 2002 st170. When i go to slow down or stop and my rev idle falls to about 1000 on my rpm but when stood still it's like my car cant keep it's revs causing it to die when dropped below 1000 rpm. but if rev'ed at the right moment i can keep it alive. While doing this the battery light comes on. When driving i have no problems like this, its only when stopping or stopped. I have recently changed the Crankshaft sensor and also spark plugs. Fuel is good level and so is oil. Does any1 know why it does this and how to fix it? Many thanks

sounds like the altinator mate,

#3 Barry_

Barry_

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Name: Baz
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 TDCI Titanium
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

Possible its the Idle speed control valve??

Or battery - Check battery first to see if charging ok.

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,889 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

Possible its the Idle speed control valve??

Or battery - Check battery first to see if charging ok.

have to agree either wrong battery or battery has a faulty cell or alt isnt charging a garage will do a free test other than that icv valve is a possibility

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users