Photo

Is There A Hidden Usb Port In A Mk4 Mondeo???

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Alpha TD

Alpha TD

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 1.8 TDCI

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hi Quiggles, The lead you found on the left hand side of the glove box is a rouge lead for some other use no one at Ford can figure out. I just sent my USB port back due to the wrong config. You need to do what it states earlier and that is too upgrade your stereo and BT module then you can attach a loom to the plug. I havent done this as i'm gonna look for another way.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Quiggles

Quiggles

• Members via Twitter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk 4 2.0 Tdci Titanium X
  • Year: 2008

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Probably bad form to reference other forums, and I apologise for that, but I have included the link so the appropriate people are credited...

I did more research myself - the rogue cable appears to be something to do with the passenger airbag but the full story seems to be:-

www.fordmondeo.org/forum/printpost.php?tid/807994/

Behind the glove box you will find the main wiring harness.
On pre 08/2008 Mondeo's (fitted with BT/VT) there was an 8 pin socket and a plug looped wires to control the microphone wiring (6000/Sony or satnav).
On post 08/2008 Mondeo's (BT/VC now fitted as standard) there is a 22 pin socket and plug with looped wires, this varies the AUX socket wirng for BT/VC only (aux direct to stereo) or BT/VC+USB (aux to BT/VC module, stereo output from BT/VC module to stereo).

Therefore AUX socket in glove box has 3 wires.

If you can find a Ford dealer who knows how to upgrade the software on a BT/VC only module (later 19G488 with usb socket), you would only need to get :-

Cable Assembly 1543691 £20.14 Cable from the BVC to the USB Socket
Control AS 1543450 £3.15 USB Socket
Bezel 1540778 £5.55 Plate to mount USB in glove box

Otherwise you will need a 19C112 module as well.

Unfortunately I cannot post any pictures of the above socket, or it's exact position as my Mondeo was a 12/2007 build without BT/VC.

PLEASE NOTE

The date the wiring changed is given as 08/2008 by Ford, but any car built within a month or so of this date should be visualy checked (to confirm wiring)before ordering any parts.

#18 Tomsdad

Tomsdad

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
  • Year: 2009

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hi everyone. Just joined the forum and seen this topic. I know it's a bit old now, but the suggested fix seems inconclusive
I have a 2009 titanium with sony DAB/6 CD WITH 3.5mm jack plug AUX INPUT,but no USB. I have purchased the USB port and bezel following the advice in this thread.

I have removed my glovebox and found the 6 pin connector with 3 wires in it that is talked about.
My questions are
1. Is there a 6pin block connector to USB available from anywhere?
2. Where can I get one?
3. There is no blank in the glovebox to cut out for the USB bezel. Should there be?

Kind regards
David

#19 Dizzy90

Dizzy90

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 58 plate titanuim

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hey guys ,

Thanks for all the information above , i rang my local ford dealer last week and asked about this part , same again they said there is no such part , when i gave them the part number they said it doesnt even show on there system ,

Could you give me the contact number of which branch you got this from , going try pull some strings and show the dealer round here how rubbish they are ,

Just to confirm will i need to update my system once i install this USB port , i have the convers+ system already in my 58 Mondeo titanuim .

Cheers

Dan

#20 Tomsdad

Tomsdad

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: David
  • Year: 2009

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hi Dan
I have been round this very topic for my own 2009 titanium. It is confusing to say the least, but the topic has been covered in detail on this forum. Basically after I had bought the USB socket and cable from my local dealer it still wouldn't work. The key before you do anything is to take the glovebox out and note down or photograph the Bluetooth module. There is a list of modules and part numbers on this forum that tell exactly what the module can do. For instance my module will not drive a USB port. The cable I bought from the dealer plugs into the Bluetooth module. Mine has no plug for this cable to mate with.
Sorry if this is old news now. But don't buy anything till you know the Bluetooth module part number.

David

#21 AdamP

AdamP

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Adam

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

Hi Guys, Just signed up to get information on this tread..

I'm from Australia and I've just bought an 08 Xr5 Turbo Mondeo. It doesn't have bluetooth however I may add it later. Will my mondeo have the ability to add the USB port by purchasing the parts mentioned above?

Thanks in advance!!

#22 The Admiral

The Admiral

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Name: Vincent
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.0 Titanium X
  • Year: 2010

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

There's a Jack point in the glovebox, I've never used it but it's there

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

#23 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,828 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

I do believe that all that's required is a usb connector for the end of the cable which is usually taped up behind the glovebox liner.

Sent from my SM-G900F

#24 AdamP

AdamP

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Adam

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

Sweet! So would I need to get the bluetooth first or will it work without the bluetooth box?

#25 Hairy

Hairy

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Alan

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

I do believe that all that's required is a usb connector for the end of the cable which is usually taped up behind the glovebox liner.

Sent from my SM-G900F

If I ever get a decent bit of weather when I'm not working I'll definitely have the glove box out and see if I can find this cable.If it's not there at least I'll be able to see what module I have.My Mondeo is a 2010 on a 60 plate with a build date of 26.03.10 so fingers crossed.

#26 al2052

al2052

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Mondeo 2.0 Petrol tit estate

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

Check your Bluetooth module, it will say USB in the description on it (you will need a torch and mirror or neck strain) if their is not a cable plugged into the Bluetooth unit then don't bother looking for another usb plug it will not exist, note that that some pre usb modules have a usb socket but its for engineering not usb as we no it. you will get more info if you quote module number.

#27 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,828 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

Yep, if you only have one socket on the bluetooth module then that's that.
If you have two then any usb cable can be plugged in and positioned where you want.

#28 al2052

al2052

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Mondeo 2.0 Petrol tit estate

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

two sockets is not a prerequisite  even a usb/ bluetooth module can only have one and still be usb

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)