Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is There A Hidden Usb Port In A Mk4 Mondeo???

andthen

Check your bluetooth module, it will say USB in the description on it (you will need a torch and mirror or neck strain) if their is not a cable plugged into the bluetooth unit then don't bother looking for another usb plug it will not exist, note that that some pre usb modules have a usb socket but its for engineering not usb as we no it. you will get more info if you quote module number.

• Like 1

Yep, if you only have one socket on the bluetooth module then that's that.

If you have two then any usb cable can be plugged in and positioned where you want.

two sockets is not a prerequisite even a usb/ bluetooth module can only have one and still be usb

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Just wondering, is this connector for the sub likely to be on my 2010 mondo titanium x with convers+ ?

I also have the Sony 6 cd dab with bluetooth hands free would this need a software update at all?

Also is there anyway to get the above setup to do bluetooth audio streaming from my phone as it does the calling fine just won't play the music?

Many thanks

Pete

I did not have a hidden connector on my 2010 Titanium when I updated mine, but whether you have or not the first thing to check is the bluetooth module that's fitted, unless you have a 8M5T-19C112-Ax (USB version) fitted then no amount of hidden plugs will help.

the last digit x signifies version which should be later than N for streaming from phone,

The original Module should be a 8M5T-19G48-AN and is a straight swap to the USB version with no reprograming and just a standard USB lead, This gives you mp3 track info from memory stick on both the converse and Sony 6CD Dab, well worth the upgrade

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Like a summer's day up here today and so I've had the glovebox out.

I can confirm it is a ten minute job to remove and refit.

I can also confirm that I have the earlier module 8M5T-19G488-AN so I've got a later 8M5T-19C112-AT coming from that well known auction site that used to have some bargains on it.

Thanks to this forum and it's members I knew exactly what to do and what I needed.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring this thread up again... I've just bought the BT +USB module from eBay, and now need the cable to connect the module to the USB socket. Ford are now quoting over £50 for the cable!! Is it purely a straight through cable? If so, I will make one up for a fraction of the price!!

Thanks in advance

Chris.

I believe that any cable with a male mini USB plug (module side) to standard female USB should suffice.

up241540-IMGi0753.jpg

I think mines got the standard size USB connector on it. Does that mean I can just plug a USB drive directly into the module? Mines a 8M5T-19C112-AH

I think you will find its a micro usb, look at the photo above your post, and yes a cheapy standard micro to std usb socket works absolutely fine, I used a rh socket encapsulated on a brackey mounted side of glovebox and whole less than a fiver.

Edit: On second thoughts its a very early module so I may be wrong, it could even be just a service port ?

100% guarantee it's a 'mini' USB as it has zig-zag sides.

Standard USB is rectangular and 'micro' USB is curved almost like a D.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• 11 months later...
On Friday, July 27, 2012 at 8:46 PM, steffbratt said:

I to am after this USB part. I have been told by a number of poeple that its around the £2.70 mark so assuming it must exist. But were from?

Did you ever find the usb upgrade for your Mondeo, as I have a 2009 Titanium Mondeo but no way of playing music off my mobile phone via bluetooth.  Kind regards Ian

I have a 2009 Titanium Mondeo but no usb port on it and ford don't seem to want to help me, any ideas where I can get the usb upgrade kit for my Sony 6 cd changer dab radio.

14919774191921432459207.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, al2052 said:

That is totally incorrect information,,

😁 content removed life is too short I personally recommend an aftermarket headunit such as a Pioneer double din which depending on model you choose; will give you much more up to date wireless capabilities such as "Apple CarPlay" & "Android Auto" rather than chasing ford part numbers and eBay sellers for somthing that is historical technology but clearly some people have a passion for that too.

That is totally incorrect information,, the usb port on the 8M5T-19G48-Ax module is a service port only and not USB, You need a 8M5T-19C112-Ax (USB version) for USB use and the unit is marked on the label "with USB" the last digit signifies version and you need vers N or later for streaming from phone, in my case it was a straight swap for use with Sony 6cd dab unit plus a cheapy usb lead and nothing else.

• Like 2

If you want to play music of your phone just use the aux in, it's situated in the glovebox, you will need a mini Jack to mini Jack lead, cheap and simple.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

https://users.digiex.net/howard/ford_audio_update_nov2012.zip

this is the software update for music streaming and other audio improvements...

instructions ...

https://digiex.net/guides-reviews/guides-tutorials/14009-ford-audio-bluetooth-usb-firmware-update-november-2012-release-how-update.html

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club