• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tatt169

tatt169

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.6 16v sport (2000) 3dr
Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

hello,just looking for advice on my 2000 petrol focus,i had a problem with the temperature gauge over winter,upon say 30 minutes into a journey all would be well (needle remained center between hot and cold) but all of a sudden without warning the needle jumps straight to red. thought it could be an airlock as one of the hoses from the water coolent bottle wasnt warming up.anyways took to mechanics he bled the system and changed the thermostat valve as he said this was most prob the cause ,worked fine for two weeks over xmas but i stuck to the roads and a steady pace ,however new years day of all days i took it on the M65 maxing prob 80mph it did the same,jumped straight to red 20mins into my journey.coolent level was an inch above max when i checkd at side of road(was topped up just below max mark and checked regularly)

has anybody had this prob as it is doing my nut in,paranoid about cooking the engine.

any help would be much appreciated,many thanks in advance guys.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,590 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:44 PM

hello,just looking for advice on my 2000 petrol focus,i had a problem with the temperature gauge over winter,upon say 30 minutes into a journey all would be well (needle remained center between hot and cold) but all of a sudden without warning the needle jumps straight to red. thought it could be an airlock as one of the hoses from the water coolent bottle wasnt warming up.anyways took to mechanics he bled the system and changed the thermostat valve as he said this was most prob the cause ,worked fine for two weeks over xmas but i stuck to the roads and a steady pace ,however new years day of all days i took it on the M65 maxing prob 80mph it did the same,jumped straight to red 20mins into my journey.coolent level was an inch above max when i checkd at side of road(was topped up just below max mark and checked regularly)

has anybody had this prob as it is doing my nut in,paranoid about cooking the engine.

any help would be much appreciated,many thanks in advance guys.

maybe a duff temp sensor, i had this problem before on a renault. almost exactly the same as what you are experiencing. Maybe a good system flush would help too.

#3 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

Blockage in the radiator could be the problem. Take it out and flush it through.

#4 brunomedina

brunomedina

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

The level of water in the system is okay?

check any part of the system damaged

#5 hdmyg228

hdmyg228

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: NO
Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

Now that is a lot of brass air fittings http://www.liangdian...irfitting_1.htm there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users