Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cleaned Today After 1 Wk Old !

Wickwick10_1

cf46514d.jpg

God knows what Ford use on Tyres but left small black oily speckles which took ages to remove ? Must say comes up great after a good clean !!!

cf46514d.jpg

God knows what Ford use on Tyres but left small black oily speckles which took ages to remove ? Must say comes up great after a good clean !!!

That sounds like, CV Joint Grease, perhaps there was a residue of it on the outside of the CV BOOT, and since you would have been the first person to drive the car over 5Mph you got the pleasure of washing it from the alloys its awful stuff to try and remove

I could be wrong though, but its hard to remove. B)

I would have taught it was tar from the road. I washed my car recently and used a clay bar afterwards, and there was alot of contamination. The clay bar was near black after I finished it, but the car was sliky smooth. I finished by using some AG super resign polish and some turtlewax 'wax it wet' wax. That took me 3 hours to complete my mini detail but it was worth it.

No defo something from the Tyres as on all 4 wheels ? And not tar ? Maybe a spray they use ?

Hi,I'm sure it might it be whatever the dealership used to black the tyres with.

Chris

I've the exact same car With alloys not the windows as you wick had it a month washed at least four times sounds sad I know but when it's clean it's nice, night time real clean with the led ref plate light up the whole !Removed! end nicely.

Well I went even sadder and de badged it ! And had chrome exhaust trim fitted! Looks nice !

Hi Chris, could you possibly post a photo of how it looks debadged as I'm considering o doing this myself as well. Was it easy enough to remove and how did you do this?

Chris

Hi Chris, could you possibly post a photo of how it looks debadged as I'm considering o doing this myself as well. Was it easy enough to remove and how did you do this?

Chris

Mate to remove I got a bank card or use something similar and dont scrape at it but just slide behind letters and lift - there is a 1mm gap or so due to the foam sticky back but letters do break sometimes which never bothered me . After removed I just waxed the area as sometimes on a cold day you may see the outline - easy to do , stops sponge getting snagged when cleaning and I like the look.

25e863b6.jpg

Looks much better debadged.

I also think so and took 5 mins !

Sorry not for me, but I might have to invest in the tints on White looks much better than I thought it would.

I also think so and took 5 mins !

just to add,

petrol will dissolve the sticky back foam of the badge,

simply soak a cloth in petrol and dap the badge, no need to risk it with a bank card,

and never try to store petrol in a polystyrene cup because you wont be able to :lol:

melts like a packet of KP Skips:P

Sounds like 'sling' from the tyre dressing to me. Common problem - especially if the tyres aren't cleaned properly before it's applied.

@ H3lly - nice to see someone taking the time to clay, but I would suggest that removing large amounts of tar with clay is asking for trouble with paint marring. Use a tar remover (and/or fallout remover and/or an iron oxide remover) first, then the claying will remove the harder to see bonded contaminants.

Oh, and you don't need petrol to debadge - a hair dryer will do it. My weapons of choice are a hairdryer and some dental floss.

just to add,

petrol will dissolve the sticky back foam of the badge,

simply soak a cloth in petrol and dap the badge, no need to risk it with a bank card,

and never try to store petrol in a polystyrene cup because you wont be able to :lol:

melts like a packet of KP Skips:P

Credit card cleanest & easiest for me ! No problems and won't scratch.

Oh, and you don't need petrol to debadge - a hair dryer will do it. My weapons of choice are a hairdryer and some dental floss.

Yes another idea ...... But for me credit card so easy.

Credit card cleanest & easiest for me ! No problems and won't scratch.

each to there own i suppose :lol:

Perhaps there are disadvantages to using petrolthat i am unaware of ? :huh:

In my eyes regardless of either method end results are all the same.

Mate to remove I got a bank card or use something similar and dont scrape at it but just slide behind letters and lift - there is a 1mm gap or so due to the foam sticky back but letters do break sometimes which never bothered me . After removed I just waxed the area as sometimes on a cold day you may see the outline - easy to do , stops sponge getting snagged when cleaning and I like the look.

25e863b6.jpg

Hi, thanks chris, it does look better and 'cleaner' without the badge.

Chris

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club