Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Mirror overshoot

Ford Owners' Club

Hi All,

Picked up my new Zetec Blue on Friday. Had a play in the drive and locked it up.

On sat morning when I unlocked it the N/S door mirror moved out to position but then kept moving approx 45 degrees further than it should. I have tried to move it back by hand but there was some resistance so I wouldn't push my luck.

The mirror adjuster works OK.

Is this an issue with the Fiesta? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Trevor

Give it a tap with the palm of your hand. They are designed to move beyond the stop point so if they are hit by a passing car they dont just break off.

Give it a tap with the palm of your hand. They are designed to move beyond the stop point so if they are hit by a passing car they dont just break off.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I find that the mirror does stop at the 'stop point' but this is too far round.

If I apply hand pressure and push the mirror back to where it 'should' be there is no stop there at all. It just moves freely right into the closed position.

Looks like a 9:00 am phone call tomorrow.

I just hope they don't suggest it is something I have done. So far Ford have put more miles on the clock than me!

trevor

The saga continues......

Strangely the mirror only moves right round when it is freezing!

Once the temperature rises above freezing it works OK.

Took it in today and, as I suspected, the mechanic said "This usually happens if they have been knocked"

I reared up because I had only done 1 mile in it from the showroom and had certainly not knocked it

The mechanic then went to the car and by some magical process reset the computer unit by using only the key fob.

(or so he would have me believe)

If it only happens when it is freezing it sounds more of a mechanical problem to me.

Ford service......what a wonderful thing.

Trevor

You didnt make it clear they were electric power folding mirrors pal. I thought they were manually folded in.

You didnt make it clear they were electric power folding mirrors pal. I thought they were manually folded in.

Sorry about that.

No problem, least you got it sorted. Just goes to show Ford do sort things out sometimes. He coulda shown you how to do it in case it goes again though.

• 3 weeks later...

mind did the same when it was -3, but next day it was back to normal again. Just one of them wierd things

• 2 weeks later...

My mums 07 Fiesta with folding in mirrors has today presented a fault with the passenger side mirror. It's fine when unlocking car and mirrors open but when locking the passenger mirror moves in and then clicks about 4-6 times and you see the mirror moving slightly as if it is trying to keep turning it in further.

Is this the same fault as mentioned above?

Hope it's not doing damage to the motor, can anyone advise?

UPDATE!

Phoned garage today and car is being booked in to get passenger mirror replaced under warranty. It's a problem with the motor recycling which is why it keeps clicking as it is trying to fold in the mirror again and again

• 4 weeks later...
UPDATE!

Phoned garage today and car is being booked in to get passenger mirror replaced under warranty. It's a problem with the motor recycling which is why it keeps clicking as it is trying to fold in the mirror again and again

Got home last night backed into the garage got out of the car ,locked it.and guess what passenger door mirror sounded like death watch beetle click.click. click........

so phoned my local main dealer this morning spoke to the woman who runs the service dept ..told her what the trouble was ,and her reply was."Ok Kristal ,we have had a lot of these.I will order a new part for you can you bring it in on Tuesday and we will fix it" .........cant make Tues but Thursday is ok with me so its booked in for next Thurs and I have a fix it while u wait slot at 10 am also mentioned about the front suspension springs (from an earlier topic on this forum) so there gonna check those too..result...thanks for all the info on this site Guys...xxxx

Kristal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not as big as a 747 but much easier to park.........if the mirrors dont break)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club