Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Fog Light & Reflectors

peake13

Hey guys just a quick question. Would spraying my rear fog light/reflectors with a black shade tinting spray be illegal? I don't know if there is some sort of legal requirement for them to be there or not?

Opinions or knowledge on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Dan :D

I reckon it would be, but a way to overcome it would be to spray it, then install LED's that would shine bright enough through the tint, to bring it back to legal brightness :D

Hah good idea although... I belive that only one of the rear fogs tht light up.. the right one, the left is purely just a reflector. So i could replace the right light with a white led (to make it 'legal brightness') but still the left would be of an illegal shade. That is, if it is even illegal.

Decisions, decisions....

I also think it would be illegal but not 100% certain.

Hah good idea although... I belive that only one of the rear fogs tht light up.. the right one, the left is purely just a reflector. So i could replace the right light with a white led (to make it 'legal brightness') but still the left would be of an illegal shade. That is, if it is even illegal.

Decisions, decisions....

I also think it would be illegal but not 100% certain.

log on to eBay germany, or some country where they drive on the left hand side of the road,

buy a fog light for the same fiesta as yours,

this will replace your dummy foglight with a proper working light,

also Cree Q5 led are the ultimate in reverse light or foglight tech

check my guides to see the cree bulbs, listed below my posts,

ive purchased a reverse light unit from belgium and replaced my red fog light with clear then inserted a red bulb instead of clear.

main point of the subject being, you can tint the fogs to half the light since you will have 2 :D

the part number you require to purchase a Left hand drive fog light unit is

Part number is 8A61 15K273 AB. FIIS CODE 1552729

Click Here

B)

the part number you require to purchase a Left hand drive fog light unit is

Part number is 8A61 15K273 AB. FIIS CODE 1552729

Click Here

B)

Spot on mate, you know our stuff! What's the deal with that then, do thy email you a quote for the part or sumthing. And as I havnt been out to check yet, is there wiring there already for this light? Coz my 'electrician' knowledge is that of an alberian goat

I remember on eBay the other week someone was selling rear MK7 lights already sprayed a smokey colour seemed legit with the legal standards and all that wouldnt recommend spraying yourself though seek pro advise first at least maybe from a painting/spray bodyshop.

Spot on mate, you know our stuff! What's the deal with that then, do thy email you a quote for the part or sumthing. And as I havnt been out to check yet, is there wiring there already for this light? Coz my 'electrician' knowledge is that of an alberian goat

no wiring there for the new one but check out my guide below for installing an additional boot light in the focus,

Click Here

very simple, i come from a family of electricians my dads a teacher to apprentices in collage and my two brothers work for themselves so I'm not going to put you astray,

the principles are exactly the same for your fog light unit, and the supplies i have used will be exactly the same too,

I have included the suppliers in the guide and links to the products,

the only thing that will be different in your case is the way you hold the newly run cable to the body work and add more waterproof tape to the connections than I did on the inside of the boot,

as your is exterior but you're doing exactly the same job, just a different light, still 12volt and everything.

I have not used that supplier of the fog light unit before, but from looking at the listing on the website it displays ''add to cart'' so i presume you can check out as normal, if you look at the top right hand corner of the web page there is an option to change the site to English,

your local for dealer can also supply the part for you, I believe it will cost £15 from the dealer,

just ensur you also get the bulb socket with the lens as you will need this to connect the cable and the bulb togeather,

then fit inside the red lens, this bulb socket part is the same for either fog light unit so if you can pick one up from scrappy all the better,

in the unlikly event that the left hand drive fog doesnt come supplied with a bulb socket.

also about the tints, why not get the roll on tint film for the lights, much easier to remove if required,

and also guranteed a smooth evenly spread tint as its film and not sprayed on.

no wiring there for the new one but check out my guide below for installing an additional boot light in the focus,

Click Here

very simple, i come from a family of electricians my dads a teacher to apprentices in collage and my two brothers work for themselves so I'm not going to put you astray,

I'm an electrician yet car automotive wiring is a new challenge for me lol :rolleyes:

I'm an electrician yet car automotive wiring is a new challenge for me lol :rolleyes:

I agree automotive electrics are different to domestic or industrial,

But the principles of positive and negative is the same, and the method of insulating the connections etc. Particularly when you splicing an existing connection and creating a double the same as the existing one. :D

I picked up left hand drive fog light from my dealer, had it fitted to old car, but with new found electrical skills, might get one and try myself!!

What's the advantage of it? I know people get euro fog units so they can tidy up the rear and make it symmetrical, but the Fez doesn't have that problem......

Cheers for the info guy, but as ONETrueSaturday says automotive electronics look a bit tricky. Il look into it a bit more and consider giving it a bash!

What's the advantage of it? I know people get euro fog units so they can tidy up the rear and make it symmetrical, but the Fez doesn't have that problem......

It’s something that other fiestas don’t heave,

Hence being a modification.... :D

Bit of a Marmite thing really each to their own.

be seen more? the 6 only had the one, but the 6.5 had 2 with 2 reverse lights!

be seen more? the 6 only had the one, but the 6.5 had 2 with 2 reverse lights!

Stupid question but how many reverse/fogs does the mk7 fez has? Never even bothered to check :rolleyes:

Stupid question but how many reverse/fogs does the mk7 fez has? Never even bothered to check :rolleyes:

From my understanding, the Mk7 has one fog light and one reverse light,

Only thing is the fog light is on the rear left and the opposite side is a replica of the fog light but its not a light it’s just a reflector.

Idea is to change the reflector to have both sides functional.

Also if anyone would like to upgrade their reverse light I suggest purchasing a Cree Q5 led reverse bulb, 6000k white light B)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club