#1 Druberry

Druberry

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: focus 1.6tdci zetec s
  • Year: 2010

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

Hi All new to this sight, however I am really annoyed, as bought my second ford focus and yet again found the carpets wet, my first problem was on my 2003 model which my local garage sorted (pollen filter housing) now I have bought a 2010 model and that too is leaking, I have booked it in for middle of month to hopefully get it sorted. has anyone had a similar problem resolved. Its the drivers side front and rear that is wet.I am surprised as this model has been around for quite a few years now and you would expect all problems like this sorted

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,453 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hi All new to this sight, however I am really annoyed, as bought my second ford focus and yet again found the carpets wet, my first problem was on my 2003 model which my local garage sorted (pollen filter housing) now I have bought a 2010 model and that too is leaking, I have booked it in for middle of month to hopefully get it sorted. has anyone had a similar problem resolved. Its the drivers side front and rear that is wet.I am surprised as this model has been around for quite a few years now and you would expect all problems like this sorted

Sorry to read, you are having trouble with your 2010, Nice focus
when you get a momment please join Photobucket,
upload the pictures of your foci there and copy the URLs from the pictures
then paste them in to your posts so we can see the car,

check my link below entitled is your focus rusting,
best to check this and get them to fix it too if needs be..

see the list of guides below this post,
click on the first one
its the top left. B)

#3 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,512 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

That is unusual. Ive not experienced it in any Focus and I cant remember reading anyone experiencing this with a Mk 2.5.

#4 top banana

top banana

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 2011 in Mars Red
Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

I have a 2008 (58) reg facelift focus. I too had drivers side wet carpets. It turned out the be the bulkhead seam leaking, and repaired under warranty.

#5 Druberry

Druberry

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

I have a 2008 (58) reg facelift focus. I too had drivers side wet carpets. It turned out the be the bulkhead seam leaking, and repaired under warranty.

Thanks for your experience, My car goes in Thursday I just hope they find the leak as I have not got a clue. It to will be done under warranty. do you know what warranty you should get with the repair? Thanks for your reply

#6 Bagheera

Bagheera

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Name: C
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2 1.6 TDCI Ghia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

That is unusual. Ive not experienced it in any Focus and I cant remember reading anyone experiencing this with a Mk 2.5.

Hello all,

I have a MK 2.5 and I encountered this problem. It was the passenger side instead. I took the car to the local dealer and they said some drain pipe or something had been blocked and told me they cleaned it. Then, I took the car to a Sonax service and made the upholstery dried and vacuumed.

#7 ChrisH

ChrisH

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Zetec Climate 1.8 TDCi
  • Year: 2006

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

Hi

I had this as well, put passenger side footwell. Was in ford for a over a month, and when they eventually removed the dash, they found that a small amount of mastic sealant was missing from the front bulkhead, when manufactured. This allowed water to leak in.

hope it helps.

#8 Druberry

Druberry

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

Thanks for all your replies, will let you know how I get on after its been in the garage. Cheers

#9 Druberry

Druberry

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

Hi All, Garage phone me yesterday to say they have found the leak and it appears to be bulkhead seam sealant problem the same as top banana. I will check the rest of the car for leaks when I get it back as its nearly a year old. However I did E;mail ford and told them that for a car of this age I was annoyed at the leak and felt they should extend my water ingress warranty. They did respond by saying they could not extend the warranty but gave me a reference number to quote should I have any more leaks after the warranty period expired and said now I have told them of the problem should it appear again they would assist me.Lets hope no more leaks.

#10 Bagheera

Bagheera

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Name: C
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2 1.6 TDCI Ghia

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

Hi All, Garage phone me yesterday to say they have found the leak and it appears to be bulkhead seam sealant problem the same as top banana. I will check the rest of the car for leaks when I get it back as its nearly a year old. However I did E;mail ford and told them that for a car of this age I was annoyed at the leak and felt they should extend my water ingress warranty. They did respond by saying they could not extend the warranty but gave me a reference number to quote should I have any more leaks after the warranty period expired and said now I have told them of the problem should it appear again they would assist me.Lets hope no more leaks.

Good to hear it's over. It took ages in mine to get rid of the horrible odor.

#11 ChrisH

ChrisH

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

Glad its sorted. This is a few focus's i have heard of this happening, maybe ford need to look at their manufacturing processes

I insisted that the dealer that did mine, wash and vac the whole carpet (it would have had to come out anyway), and give the car a full valet.

#12 Druberry

Druberry

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Hi All
Went to garage and picked up the car but I am not happy as they told me the carpets were dry but the felt is still wet underneath, they said it must be leaking out of the sodden felt further up. Garage said they will contact ford and get in contact. I suggested a new carpet as it is starting to smell. Garage said it will get sorted. I believe now that ford Has poor servicing to go with their poor manufacturing.

#13 Druberry

Druberry

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

Car is going back in the garage for hopefully to dry my carpet which is starting to smell and check that they have definitely stop the leak as I'm not convinced.

#14 Druberry

Druberry

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

The Latest update, took the car to ford dealership 21st Oct got it back 31 Oct after carpets & seats removed, they told me they found another leak and 1 on the passenger side. Woke up 1 Nov after a night of heavy rain and carpet wet. Now waiting to get a courtesy car so I can take it back, possible dash coming out this time. I'm really fed up with this car, its 11 mths old. I never thought I would say it but I could be buying a vauxhall next time, however if ford wish to buy my car of me or swap it for the newer model as a good will gesture, I would be up for it.

#15 ChrisH

ChrisH

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

The Latest update, took the car to ford dealership 21st Oct got it back 31 Oct after carpets & seats removed, they told me they found another leak and 1 on the passenger side. Woke up 1 Nov after a night of heavy rain and carpet wet. Now waiting to get a courtesy car so I can take it back, possible dash coming out this time. I'm really fed up with this car, its 11 mths old. I never thought I would say it but I could be buying a vauxhall next time, however if ford wish to buy my car of me or swap it for the newer model as a good will gesture, I would be up for it.

I would have thought the dash would have come out last time, as you said it was a bulkhead seam.... If not, this is more likely exactly what mine had, missing mastic sealant on the A frame bulkhead, and the WHOLE dash assembly needed to be removed, they virtually gutted the whole car according to the photos they showed me.... Insist the dash is removed. After this I never had a problem with a leak.

Good Luck

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users