Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

someone had a leak from the door mirror housing that let water into the footwells. have a searhc on here for it.

Andy, I would get the hosepipe out and drench the car to see if there are any more leaks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 ChrisH

ChrisH

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Zetec Climate 1.8 TDCi
  • Year: 2006

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

done ive done a atchdog report time for others to join in

How do i join in?

#33 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

go to google type watchdog and youll get the site on the top bar it has my reports click and add

#34 micksilver

micksilver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: Mick
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Style
  • Year: 2009

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Artscot

I cant find your report on the watchdog site? can you post a link?

#35 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

you fill it in on here http://www.bbc.co.uk...hdog/gotastory/

#36 top banana

top banana

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 2011 in Mars Red
Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

My car was repaired back in 2010 by main dealer.... every couple of months I check by the VIN view cut out in the carpet by drivers side.

after this heavy rain recently I decided to check, and yup its leaking again. Car now completely out of warranty as its a 2008 model.

Attached are the photos of the wet underlay and the 'repair' the dealership did in 2010 (eek) No evidence of leaking from here though.

Not best pleased today!

Any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails

• old repair.jpg
  • leak.jpg

#37 dny2004

dny2004

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Danut
  • Ford Model: Focus Econetic 2008

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hello.
I have the same problem with my car (Focus 12.2008 manufactured). Mine is a left hand drive, so I have water leaking on right side passenger side, only when parked uphill. So far i sealed with silicone the air intake from the vent motor, and a little rubber hose entrance under the right side of the windscreen but with no luck. I noticed that the water is coming from a small plastic bolt and a steel reinforcement bar underneath the glove box. Didn't have time to investigate more but I am determined to sort this out before it gets really rainy.

#38 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

there is 3 places each side it can come from if you look through the gap between the door and the wing with the door closed theres 3 rubber grommets along near the doors hinges 1 near the top hinge 1 centre and 1 slightly lower down these can and do leak however getting to them is not easy as theres just not enough of a gap the rain naturally runs between this point and saturates the rubber grommet allowing water in

as for the rain in the glove box remove the scuttle panel and in th ecorners below the windscreen check the seam sealer if in doubt get marine grade silicone from ebay and go over the seams

#39 WJP

WJP

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium TD 109

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I've joined the water ingress club, but has been fixed on third attempt! My garage had no previous experience of this bulkhead seal problem. Ford's don't want to know, did anybody get a response from Watchdog?

#40 dny2004

dny2004

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Danut
  • Ford Model: Focus Econetic 2008

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

Hello.
I have the same problem with my car (Focus 12.2008 manufactured). Mine is a left hand drive, so I have water leaking on right side passenger side, only when parked uphill. So far i sealed with silicone the air intake from the vent motor, and a little rubber hose entrance under the right side of the windscreen but with no luck. I noticed that the water is coming from a small plastic bolt and a steel reinforcement bar underneath the glove box. Didn't have time to investigate more but I am determined to sort this out before it gets really rainy.

Hello dear friends,

I am glad to say that my issue with water leaking, was solved. During other checks om my car, I noticed that there was a big crack in the sealant in the RH side below the windscreen. I used normal universal silicone sealant, plenty of it, and it looks like there is no water leaking on the passenger side (LHD car).

This cracked factory seal looks to be located at the top of the right wing. For those in the UK, (RHD) you would have the windshield wipers mechanism there, so it is little access, but worth to check using a flash light. I missed this defect because the sealant was dirty and in a bad angle. Hope this helps.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users