Geordie Fordie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Jay Leno and Jimmy Carr enjoy long-distance chat using in-car wifi

Jay Leno, host of The Tonight Show in the US, made a transatlantic linkup with Britain’s Jimmy Carr courtesy of new in-car gadgetry.

Posted Image

Despite sitting almost 10,000km apart, they used a wi-fi system in a Ford Focus to have a videophone call on their iPads – and inevitably the conversation turned to cars.

Carr, who hosts 8 Out Of 10 Cats, said: ‘It’s great to do something that is cutting-edge, to chat about cars and gadgets and have a laugh.’

The presenter, 39, was snapped chatting away in Norfolk as Leno was parked in the same model in Hollywood in California California.

Top Gear veteran Leno, who has built a collection of dozens of cars and motorcycles dating back to 1906, said car manufacturers used technology to compete in a crowded market.

‘Bad cars don’t really exist so car makers are looking for ways to make their models stand out,’ the 61-year-old said.

‘The place we spend more time than anywhere except our house or office is the car. ‘It’s not a surprise people want the same gadgetry there.’

Ford’s wi-fi-enabled SYNC system – available only on its cars in the US – sends a secure wireless connection in the car, allowing passengers with wi-fi mobile devices to access the signal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3QIezH4N80

Article from METRO paper: http://www.metro.co....ing-in-car-wifi

Wonder what the reasoning for the US Focus being here was. Maybe something to do with the My Ford Touch system lauch next year? :-s
Paul :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Scotty86

Scotty86

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Name: Scotty
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S & Trend Van

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:44 AM

Awesome, love Jimmy Carr and Jay's garage is like car !Removed! lol

#3 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:16 AM

Awesome, love Jimmy Carr and Jay's garage is like car !Removed! lol

I know lol, I love the new focus alot, especially the America one but when I saw the garage I loved that even more.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users