Do Not Sell My Personal Information

! Guide ! Mk7 Fog Lamp Change

MRC89

Intro:

There's very little on the web about changing a fog lamp, and the handbook just tells you to consult your dealer. My fog lamp was damaged after hitting a stone at speed, I know this has happened to other fellow members of the forum, and will likely affect others in time to come. I changed mine today, here's how:

IMG_20111003_110927.jpg

Purchase links & Info:

I purchased a fog lamp housing from Amazon.co.uk you can get these parts through Ford, however I've heard quotes of £70-£110+ to have it replaced. This one is £23 and although it's not the official Ford part, it is matching OEM quality. (please note the link is drivers side only)

I then purchased a 55w H11 bulb from Autobulbsdirect.co.uk I went for the cheapest to match my other fog lamp.

All in after postage & packaging it came to £40, and two days later they turned up:

IMG_20111003_110905.jpg

Tools you'll need:

You will need:

A flat head screwdriver

A T25 Torx, preferably with a 1/4" socket ratchet

A Torch (helpful, not necessary)

Step #1: Removing headlamp to access fog lamp

Firstly remove the main headlamp unit, there's a comprehensive guide here for those who aren't familiar.

IMG_20111006_172607.jpg

Close up of the fog:

IMG_20111006_172614.jpg

Step #2: Removing fog lamp housing from mount

The fog lamp housing is held to a mount with 2 Torx screws, and 2 locating pins.

The screws are on the top left and bottom right as you look down on it. It's a bit of a fiddle getting them loose.

The bulb just twists and pulls out of the housing.

Once the screws and bulb are out the housing will just pull out.

If you need to change the bulb there is a small clip on the side to take the bulb from it's holder.

Fog lamp mount: (fog housing removed)

IMG_20111006_180039.jpg

Step #3: Replacing everything

Replace the new fog housing, fitting the bulb first.

Use the locating pins to line up the two torx screws, and tighten.

Quick test, then replace your headlamp and job done.

IMG_20111006_181244.jpg

IMG_20111006_180726.jpg

If you have any questions, just ask, I know the guide doesn't go into great detail but hopefully this guide will help someone, sometime.

Thanks

• Like 1

Excellent Guide Mark,

This guide will be very helpful to other fiesta owners, saving them money not having to go to the dealers.

Why not copy a link to this guide and paste it in to your signature,

This way others can easily find the guide as it will be a link on the bottom of all your posts.B)

If you have any questions, just ask, I know the guide doesn't go into great detail but hopefully this guide will help someone, sometime.

Thanks

I don't think there is anymore detail needed... although what some would consider a very simple job to do..... its a great post that will definitely benefit someone that has maybe a lack of confidence in doing the job themselves, once they see how little there really is too it.

I'm a big fan of How To's for everything... especially the easier jobs, purely because they actually benefit more people and make people braver to take on bigger jobs.

Nice post ;)

Dannyboy

• Like 2

I posted this ages ago and at a cheaper price.

Deffo recommend putting LED Fogs in.

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old topic but still seems very useful!

I posted this ages ago and at a cheaper price.

Deffo recommend putting LED Fogs in.

Chris,

Is fitting led fog lamps and using them legal?