Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

diamondlock

Cigar socket adapter when removing the batery

6 posts in this topic

Hi, has anyone information on an adapter that you can plug in the cigar lighter which retains the radio without losing the codes ?

A couple of points to bear in mind:

1. When the device is connected the car's positive battery cable will be live so make sure it doesn't short to the chassis.

2. On some makes of car the lighter socket is not live when the ignition is off (I don't think this applies to the Focus, though). In this case you would need to turn the key to at least position I before disconnecting the car battery.

A couple of points to bear in mind:

1. When the device is connected the car's positive battery cable will be live so make sure it doesn't short to the chassis.

2. On some makes of car the lighter socket is not live when the ignition is off (I don't think this applies to the Focus, though). In this case you would need to turn the key to at least position I before disconnecting the car battery.

Hi mjt, Many thanks for the valued information regards Ken.