Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6tdci [110] Titanium
  • Year: 2007

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hey all, this is my first post here and indeed its about my first ever ford. Its a 2007 Focus 1.6TDCI with 80000 miles. Since it has quite a lot of miles on it I decided to give her a timing belt change immediately to prevent any disasters. I ll be buying a Gates timing belt. I have a question about the water pump: I have found one from Comline. Is that any good, or is it better to get one from Ford? Or maybe any other better aftermarket brands for the water pump? Thanks a lot - hope you can answer me :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hey all, this is my first post here and indeed its about my first ever ford. Its a 2007 Focus 1.6TDCI with 80000 miles. Since it has quite a lot of miles on it I decided to give her a timing belt change immediately to prevent any disasters. I ll be buying a Gates timing belt. I have a question about the water pump: I have found one from Comline. Is that any good, or is it better to get one from Ford? Or maybe any other better aftermarket brands for the water pump? Thanks a lot - hope you can answer me :)

i always use a new water pump ever time i do a timeng belt and from ford to much messing if it fails at a
later date ;)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users