Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel Focus 1.8Tddi 1999

cursedfocus1.9tddi

hi there people. just joined this group. i have a diesel 1.8tddi focus 1999,i had a new hi pressure fuel pump fitted 3 months ago. it had been fine untill last week... when i started the car up cold (after letting the glow plug lights go out) it was fine then 20meters up the road it just died. it only happened in the morning.the missus could go to work for a 12hr shift,leave work at 10pm and car would start no probs and be fine for her 15 mile journey home. then 3 days ago when i started it in the morning, it started but as soon as you press the accelerator pedal it cut out.... we changed the crank angle sensor which an auto electrician (with diag machine) said was the fault, but it doesnt turn over now... ive had the battery charged up.. PLEASE PLEASE if anyone has had this problem or has a genuine idea what the problem could be please leave you input, which would be much appriciated...

many thanks

A VERY FUSTRATED AND CAR LESS FAMILY GUY

i have just checked the injectors and they are fine, chanced the fuel filter, just have to check the glow plugs etc... has ANYONE had this problem before...help help help

hi there people. just joined this group. i have a diesel 1.8tddi focus 1999,i had a new hi pressure fuel pump fitted 3 months ago. it had been fine untill last week... when i started the car up cold (after letting the glow plug lights go out) it was fine then 20meters up the road it just died. it only happened in the morning.the missus could go to work for a 12hr shift,leave work at 10pm and car would start no probs and be fine for her 15 mile journey home. then 3 days ago when i started it in the morning, it started but as soon as you press the accelerator pedal it cut out.... we changed the crank angle sensor which an auto electrician (with diag machine) said was the fault, but it doesnt turn over now... ive had the battery charged up.. PLEASE PLEASE if anyone has had this problem or has a genuine idea what the problem could be please leave you input, which would be much appriciated...

many thanks

A VERY FUSTRATED AND CAR LESS FAMILY GUY

Hi,

So the engine doesnt start? do the lights flicker at all when you try and start the car? does it crank at all, or does it not crank in the slightest. If your dash goes a little crazy I suspect that your issue will be battery related, as starting the car so often without it being allowed to charge fully will have taken its toll.

Without hearing any more symptoms, this is where my gut tells me you should look next. I had similar issues, replacement battery from Halfords, and problem was resolved.

hi there, i have had the battery only 9 months and i put it on a slow charge so battery keeping its charge...it almost turns over, ive checked the injectors and glow plugs which seen fine, the lights doesnt flicker, its just not turning over. i had a new fuel pump fitted a few months ago ( will NEVER buy from euro car parts again) as they have been no help whatso ever now they have had my money....john @ useless walton summit branch !!!!! im just wondering if it is the fuel pump as everything else sens fine... any more advice would be very much appriciated.. many thanks for taking the time to reply......

Hi,

So the engine doesnt start? do the lights flicker at all when you try and start the car? does it crank at all, or does it not crank in the slightest. If your dash goes a little crazy I suspect that your issue will be battery related, as starting the car so often without it being allowed to charge fully will have taken its toll.

Without hearing any more symptoms, this is where my gut tells me you should look next. I had similar issues, replacement battery from halfords, and problem was resolved.

Hi Richard,

This sounds exactly the same as the problem I had with my old 02 plate 1.8 TDDI. It turned out to be the fuel pump. Unfortunately this cost over £1000 to replace :(

hi there alex.... since my last post i have got back on to the company i got fuel pump from and they said they would exchange the pump straight away.. when they sent the pump away the 1st time for testing it took them 12 weeks to get it back, leaving us car less for 4 months. they wouldnt give my money back or exchange it !!! so im hoping that after paying MORE labour charges the car will be running by friday...... its putting me off FORD'S for life...i will put a post up of the outcome.. speak soon people

Hi Richard,

This sounds exactly the same as the problem I had with my old 02 plate 1.8 TDDI. It turned out to be the fuel pump. Unfortunately this cost over £1000 to replace :(

Richard,

I know what you mean. I put mine into a Ford garage and left it to them to sort out. Still took 3 weeks to diagnose and reapir. I part-ex'd the car a few months later and bought the MK2 :)

The fuel pump plus labour came in at £1300. I had £1000 for it part-ex as it was previously a cat 3 insurance write off. I wouldn't say it put me off Fords though. Just luck of the draw really. Hope you get it sorted!! ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club