Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulbs Blowing

Gingeriron

Evening folks

I've got a 51 plate focus which seems to have an unhealthy appetite for lightbulbs. I've only owned the car a year and a half and had to change the bulbs mainly headlights and sidelights several times. The rear number plate and one back light have been changed, which i'm not to bothered about as the've probably been in for some time, but when i'm paying a 6 or 7 quid a time for a new headlight it's getting quite annoying and expensive. Nothing blows whilst one light is out but as soon as the blown bulb is replaced something else blows. Does anybody have any ideas as to what is happening and what i need to do to get it fixed. Apologies in advance as i'm not that technically minded when it comes to the workings of cars.

Evening folks

I've got a 51 plate focus which seems to have an unhealthy appetite for lightbulbs. I've only owned the car a year and a half and had to change the bulbs mainly headlights and sidelights several times. The rear number plate and one back light have been changed, which i'm not to bothered about as the've probably been in for some time, but when i'm paying a 6 or 7 quid a time for a new headlight it's getting quite annoying and expensive. Nothing blows whilst one light is out but as soon as the blown bulb is replaced something else blows. Does anybody have any ideas as to what is happening and what i need to do to get it fixed. Apologies in advance as i'm not that technically minded when it comes to the workings of cars.

its a classic sign of the alternator over charging have it diagnosed its free at most garages if it is the voltage reg is gone meaning a new alt and a nice bill if not its electrical which is more expensive

Excellent, thanks for getting back to me, best see about having it booked in at the garage for a test then, and then brace myself for what the damage is going to be.

Excellent, thanks for getting back to me, best see about having it booked in at the garage for a test then, and then brace myself for what the damage is going to be.

have you got any auto electricians in your area? it might be a better choice to let them have a look.