#1 Graham111

Graham111

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
  • Year: 2003

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

Hi ppl I have just bought a 03 mondeo I have a slight problem the windscreen washers at the front are not working but the 1at the back is any ideas

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 fishpond 47

fishpond 47

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 363 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo x2 + a ka

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

can you hear the pump/motor buzzing/going when you try them? if yes then try clearing the washer nozzels with a pin, if no then it will require a new pump.

changing the washer pump is a fiarly easy job.

#3 Graham111

Graham111

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
  • Year: 2003

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:02 PM

can you hear the pump/motor buzzing/going when you try them? if yes then try clearing the washer nozzels with a pin, if no then it will require a new pump.

changing the washer pump is a fiarly easy job.

Hi no there is no noise coming from it I take it front and back are different pumps

#4 fishpond 47

fishpond 47

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 363 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo x2 + a ka

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

NO they both work of one pump, ie it goes one direction to work the front washers and the other direction to work the rear washer, fraid it's a new pump for you then, as said earlier it's not a bad job to do,

by the drivers wheel, you have to remove the plastic wheel arch trim at the front end not completely just enough to get your arm through in order to reach the washer bottle, the washer pump is only pushed into a rubber grommet and should just pull out with a waggle. note there may be a few different connectors for the electric plug on the pump and when removing the water pipes remember which is which, once the new pump is fitted try it before refitting the wheel arch trim.

I've been looking for one on flebay as mine has also packed up.

#5 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 11,695 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Mk2.5 Focus ZetecS 1.6TDCi superleggero
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

you have to remove the plastic wheel arch trim at the front end not completely just enough to get your arm through in order to reach the washer bottle,

You should be able to completly climb in there and remove the pump all the wea size of ya :lol:

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users