Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine, Oil And Battery Light Coming On!

Sally

Hello!

I have recently being having a problem with my Fiesta LX 54 reg. A few weeks ago the oil light came on along with the battery and engine light, I checked the dipstick (although it was dark) I was certain it was reading below the minimum line so I filled up the oil. A week later my car cut out again with exactly the same problem, this time I had no oil so I rung my breakdown cover, when they came to check the car (an hour after I had broken down) they said if anything there was too much oil in my car (Although I had checked 30 minutes before and it was showing no oil on the dipstick). They got my car started and said it was strange but I should be fine, 10 minutes later I was once again broke down!

Now, I am not emitting any smoke etc when the car is starting, nor is there any oil on my drive way. One minute the dip stick is showing no oil, the next it says there is. The recovery guy said it may be the oil sensor switch, does this sound likely to anyone?

A while back the timing belt snapped, bending 8 of the valves and I had to have extensive work done on it (possibly the cylinder head was reworked?)Could this be linked to the problem I am facing now?

May I also add that the problem only seems to occur when I am slowing down/coming to a stop!

I have literally no idea what is going on with my car, so any suggestions in any direction will be much appreciated! :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club