Do Not Sell My Personal Information

05-08 Steering Wheel

Richiemac

Will a 2005 steering wheel fit a 2008 model ? Thanks in advance :) Richie.

I believe the steering wheels are the same fit, as long as it fits the column. I believe the only changes were on the cosmetics of the car if your referring to the MK2 vs MK2.5, interior and exterior, but I am sure that the wheels are the same...

Any [particular reason your changing them if you dont mind my asking?

That leads nicely on to my next question, can cruise be retrofitted / activated if i fit the wheel with the cruise buttons ? Did it on my OH's Passat B6 and was a doddle. New to the Ford scene, only purchased last Friday, so still feeling my way so to speak....:)

You could try changing the steering wheel for one with cruise control buttons and see if it works.

However, I would think that you would need a trip to your Ford dealer for the cruise control to be activated on the cars ECU

Thats the plan, i hope. I went ahead and ordered the wheel from eBay, leather too, soo hopefully they can activate it.

You have to bare in mind that albeit, you may have a button and activated on the ECU, however you need the components as well. you may have 2 of the three by the end of this...