Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking With Two Wheels On A Curb

keepyourfocus

Most of the streets in my area are narrow, and if our car park is full, you have to park up on the curb. Most of the times when this happens, one of my tyres deflates considerably. Is this just a coincidence, or could the angle of the car be applying extra pressure on two of the wheels, thereby forcing air out?

Most of the streets in my area are narrow, and if our car park is full, you have to park up on the curb. Most of the times when this happens, one of my tyres deflates considerably. Is this just a coincidence, or could the angle of the car be applying extra pressure on two of the wheels, thereby forcing air out?

Parking the vehicle at an angle will put more pressure on the side wall of the tyre,

Perhaps try filling the tyres with nitrogen instead of air; it’s less likely to escape, as far as I’m aware BP do this service,

Other members may know of some place close to you. B)

Parking the vehicle at an angle will put more pressure on the side wall of the tyre,

Perhaps try filling the tyres with nitrogen instead of air; it’s less likely to escape, as far as I’m aware BP do this service,

Other members may know of some place close to you. B)

is there any benfit to put nitrogen in ye tryes never heard of that before :)

Its ment to stay enflated for longer and so on Click Here

well you learn something new everyday thanks :)

well you learn something new everyday thanks :)

not available over here yet :(

i even spotted dust valve caps with N2 printed on the tops :D

Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

nitrogen in tyres does not expand with heat as air does therefore there is less chance of blowout.

nitrogen is used in high performance cars to help prevent blow-outs.(it is used on aircraft tyres for the same reason) does not expand with heat.

tom

• Like 1

The place where i get my tyres from has been filling new tyres with Nitrogen for a couple of years now. I can't say i've ever noticed any difference.

Graham

• 2 months later...

There are many types of tyres for different vehicles & Parking the vehicle at an angle will put more pressure on the side wall of the tyre,

While tyre pressures will be more constant using nitrogen as it less affected by atmospheric conditions and temperature, nitrogen won't stay in a tyre any better than air if it's pressure on the tyre that is forcing the air out... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rog

While tyre pressures will be more constant using nitrogen as it less affected by atmospheric conditions and temperature, nitrogen won't stay in a tyre any better than air if it's pressure on the tyre that is forcing the air out... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rog

If your tyre is loosing pressure when parked up weather on a curb or not you have a puncture eather in the tyre or loosing pressure on the tyre/wheel rim seal. Forget all the other stuff about nitrogen.

Edited by Mark M.K
Swearing removed. Please do not swear on FOC

Hi :rolleyes:

ive know for tires to be fitted and have the bead damanged when being fitted causing the rim to leak on the seal. also as to using nitrogen in this country we dont have the heat on the roads from the sun like some countrys !!! but as a ex tire fitter i may be wrong but most car tires will take aprox 165psi till bang maybe more, for example most low profile tires to seat on the rim when fitted can take a lot of pressure to seat the bead on to rim i fitted 2x 245/35 R19 Y Continental Sport Contact 2 on a bmw priced at £245.30 each and they took nearly 182psi to seat them on the rim made me sweat a little :wacko: the normal running pressure is 26psi in them :)

but to be honest most tires only blow off yeah when maybe get warm and expand but thats from all the abuse they get like mounting curbs and pot holes wich damages the cord inside the tire on in pack. at a later date they may blow off :ph34r:

spike

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club