Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta P Reg Idle Speed

stuartadair

Hello all

P reg Fiesta 1.25. Just changed the engine. Got the new one running tonight and it sounds really nice but the idle speed is too low. The engine sounds sweet on a little throttle but too low when you release the throttle.

It got too dark to spend too much time on it tonight so I thought I'd come back and ask the experts where I should check next.

Thanks in advance

Stu

• Like 1

You need to sort the timing I think. (something along those lines) Take it to a garage because if you get it wrong you'll kill the fuel economy.

sounds like a vacuum leak to me. check your gaskets / seals

Sorted now. One of the vacuum pipes on the throttle housing had a blanking plug on and on the new engine I'd missed this off. Running sweet now, but has an overheating issue which is the subject of a new post

Thanks Orcomma I'll check the pipes out.

Hula89 was that a serious reply <_<

It was a serious reply one of my mates had the mk6 1.25 and his was like this and it was becuase the previous owner had messed with the timing or something.

Yeh but even if it was a timing issue you wouldnt take it to a garage to sort. Get your hands dirty and do it yourself :P