Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replace 6000E With 6000Cd

Guest ccaines

Guest ccaines

Hi all,

I'm on my second 6000E Multichanger in my Focus and I've come to the conclusion they're just too flaky to continue with. Before I hit "Buy Now" on eBay can anyone tell me if I can do a straight swap with a factory 6000CD single disk unit and still support the control stalk etc.?

I've looked at rear connections and they're laid out differently which makes it a bit hard to tell if it's just an orientation thing or physically different connectors.

Cheers!

Hi all,

I'm on my second 6000E Multichanger in my Focus and I've come to the conclusion they're just too flaky to continue with. Before I hit "Buy Now" on EBay can anyone tell me if I can do a straight swap with a factory 6000CD single disk unit and still support the control stalk etc.?

I've looked at rear connections and they're laid out differently which makes it a bit hard to tell if it's just an orientation thing or physically different connectors.

Cheers!

yes you can :)

Guest ccaines

Well, 90% there.. Unit works a treat, but the remote stalk connector for my 2004 Focus seems to be a long rectangular connection http://img692.imageshack.us/i/imagehlc.jpg/, however the 2003 6000CD I've purchased doesn't have it (it has a 12-Pin Green connector, but I think this is for a Changer). I'm beginning to think this one doesn't even support a stalk, which would be annoying.

If it does, I'm guessing it's a butchering the cables job, but trying to find wiring diagrams for these on the net is proving pretty fruitless. Anyone had any similar experience with this?

Well, 90% there.. Unit works a treat, but the remote stalk connector for my 2004 Focus seems to be a long rectangular connection http://img692.imageshack.us/i/imagehlc.jpg/, however the 2003 6000CD I've purchased doesn't have it (it has a 12-Pin Green connector, but I think this is for a Changer). I'm beginning to think this one doesn't even support a stalk, which would be annoying.

If it does, I'm guessing it's a butchering the cables job, but trying to find wiring diagrams for these on the net is proving pretty fruitless. Anyone had any similar experience with this?

fits under mains plug green one is for telphones :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club