Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Views Can Make A Difference

R-head

Number of Pinned Topics  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the number of pinned topics in this forum?

• Not enough
    • Just the right amount
    • Too many

I have checked through the pinned topics, and removed the only one which is no longer relevant. Running Safari at standard size on a MacBook Pro, I have twice as many unpinned topics showing as pinned. All of those that are pinned are guides or regularly referred to - such as the detailing thread which is updated every few weeks at the least often.

Leave it as it is.

People are having problems because their profile isn't set up properly to show 40 threads/posts per page. See my other post on the subject for details of how to change. Maybe make it a pinned thread. :lol:

It's annoying on smart phones and the 40 view thing doesn't apply there, plus numbers do far clearly think there's too many 'announcement'/pinned items

It's annoying on smart phones and the 40 view thing doesn't apply there,

Mine does, 40 threads per page and 40 posts per page in threads, so yours is obviously not that smart then. ;)

Personally, couldn't be arsed browsing or interacting on forums with my phone, too much of a pain all round.

plus numbers do far clearly think there's too many 'announcement'/pinned items

Lol, there's only 8 people voted.

And some of them probably voted like that because they don't know about the 40 thread options. The majority, I feel, use forums with PC's and it is perfectly fine on a PC.

8 people..... sounds about right for this place. number is irrelevant, its still a democratic vote and the majority think it should be different.

why don't we sticky it lol

• Like 1

8 people..... sounds about right for this place. number is irrelevant, its still a democratic vote and the majority think it should be different.

why don't we sticky it lol

..or just get a better smart (sic) phone. ;)

I think there's a little too many to be honest. Could I suggest that the guides be placed in a sub-forum that would sit above the pinned topics (if it's even possible). This would clear up a bit of space, but also leave them easily accessible.

To many/ too much wasted space before you finally get to members posts, :huh:

Lets take ‘announcements’ first…

why do we need an announcement about cars for sale? There is a link at the top of the page to classifieds? It’s not rocket science and I’m sure anyone looking for a used car will manage to find the classified section.

There is a link at the top of the page to the detailing kit competition and one in announcements – do we really need two? :unsure:

Pinned...

do we need all these separate links to guides and how too’s?

Can’t there just be one link to a ‘guide’ section? :)

There are 6 pinned threads out of 40 on a page, that's around 15% of the real estate, not too much to complain about.

Ha ha, just noticed there are 7 now, still not a problem though, that's what the mouse wheel was invented for. :lol:

Is it just me, or should all of KeithC's posts be pinned?

:lol:

Is it just me, or should all of KeithC's posts be pinned?

:lol:

They're insightful, educational, sarcastic and sometimes funny, what better credentials for Pinned threads. :lol:

Aside from the sarcastic comments, What do you want us to do? We are working on a sub forum for all the "how to's". But this will take time.

Aside from the sarcastic comments, What do you want us to do? We are working on a sub forum for all the "how to's". But this will take time.

Me?

Nothing.

It's fine as it is as far as I'm concerned.

I mean, how much hard work is scrolling the middle button on your mouse to reveal all the threads on a page and why should the forum change just to suit people who want to use a smart phone to browse the internet.

Hard enough for 75% of people to think otherwise ;)

I agree keith its fine for me how it is.Just use the up and down buttons.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club