Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Mk2.5 1.6Tdci Focus Dpf Filter Type ??

james_60

Hi Folks

There is some confusion about what type of DPF filter my car has

It is a euro V 1.6 tdci 109ps engine.

People say that the DPF on my car is the type that needs EOLYS176 Fluid

But according to the etis website on the service check sheets :-

Diesel particulate filter additiveRefill with EOLYS176 and reset according to TIS service instructions - 1.6/2.0 Duratorq-TDCi with EURO IV Emission and DPF, if applicable (LTS 23 563 4)

So Does that mean that all Stage V focus tdci's have the maintenance free dpf.

Jamie

Hi

I don't know the answer to this but i was wondering the same as i have a 2011 Mk2.5 Focus also.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve

Iam hoping etis is right and that because we have stage V emission engines that we have the coated dpf that does not require that expensive fluid.

Jamie

Hi Bsh

I sometimes wonder if iam being ignored on purpose.

I help loads of people on this board or at least try.

Jamie :-(

Phone up a Ford parts department, give em your Vehicle Identification Number, they will be able to put you out of your misery. But if misery to you is having a renewable DPF requiring the eloys top up, then I'd put money on it that your going to remain miserable :rolleyes:

Ignoring you, surely not me James, I'm not counting but I'm sure I've answered three PM's on the subject of..... have I got a renewable DPF.... in the last few days :unsure: ;)

Phone up a Ford parts department, give em your Vehicle Identification Number, they will be able to put you out of your misery. But if misery to you is having a renewable DPF requiring the eloys top up, then I'd put money on it that your going to remain miserable :rolleyes:

Ignoring you, surely not me James, I'm not counting but I'm sure I've answered three PM's on the subject of..... have I got a renewable DPF.... in the last few days :unsure: ;)

I’m silently waiting in anticipation for the out come :unsure:

Because according to Ford Etis my June 2010 manufactured Ford Focus 1.6TDCi also has Stage V emissions,

and after reading all the bad vibes about the eloys fluid i hope my DPF is immortal too.B)

Hi

Iam not miserable :ph34r: I promise :angry: lol

I know i have asked you with three messages about dpf/refil fluid etc

Iam wondering what other people have to say. ;)

No hard feelings guys :ph34r:

Jamie

Hi

Iam not miserable :ph34r: I promise :angry: lol

I know i have asked you with three messages about dpf/refil fluid etc

Iam wondering what other people have to say. ;)

No hard feelings guys :ph34r:

Jamie

I used to be the same as you jamie, im not saying im better than you :lol:

but it all depends on the topic that you start,

surley you can apprecieate the fact

That if people on here dont know what their talking about they wont bluff you mate,

they simply sit tight and watch for a reply from someone who does know what they are talking about

then we all learn from it mate:)

• Like 1

I used to be the same as you jamie, im not saying im better than you :lol:

but it all depends on the topic that you start,

surley you can apprecieate the fact

That if people on here dont know what their talking about they wont bluff you mate,

they simply sit tight and watch for a reply from someone who does know what they are talking about

then we all learn from it mate:)

Just because James is paranoid, doesn't actually mean peeps on the forum are not ignoring him, they might be ..............lighten up Jamie boy. ;) :D

Jeez you lot with 2010 Mk2.5 1.6 TDCi, why the fook don't one of you ring a parts department with your Vin and have done with it. Look if any of you have a phobia regards ringing a Fords Parts Department to settle the issue, PM me your VIN number and I'll do it.

You remind of the wife, she will be sat in the car asking, did I lock the front door? ................to which I say, we are not having this conversation for the next 5 miles .................get out and try and open it ...answer sorted ...............next :ph34r:

Just because James is paranoid, doesn't actually mean peeps on the forum are not ignoring him, they might be ..............lighten up Jamie boy. ;) :D

Jeez you lot with 2010 Mk2.5 1.6 TDCi, why the fook don't one of you ring a parts department with your Vin and have done with it. Look if any of you have a phobia regards ringing a Fords Parts Department to settle the issue, PM me your VIN number and I'll do it.

You remind of the wife, she will be sat in the car asking, did I lock the front door? ................to which I say, we are not having this conversation for the next 5 miles .................get out and try and open it ...answer sorted ...............next :ph34r:

Classic :lol:

Very sorry Catch mate.:) ..:D .:lol: .....:blink: ......:lol:

I have lightened up now :ph34r: "removes milk churn carrying device from shoulders"

Just defrosted me mams fridge talk about a "Chilling time" ha :rolleyes:

Ure all coool dudes

Jamie :lol:

Well Jamie PM'ed me his VIN, I rang our freindley Ford Dealer Parts Desk, he looked it up, then went and spoke to a technician. and come back with an answer.

And guess what, it's eat my hat time :D Oh your a set of happy bunnies, you have the newer non maintenance DPF. So I asked Andy [because I did not want 20 Vin's in my PM box ] :D What denotes it's the newer DPf, now he thought it must be the Stage V Emissions Designation.[he was not sure hence he went and asked a techi which one it was, and he said he had worked on a V emissions one and it did not need the eloy's additive, nor was there provision for it. So there you go, like I said sorted with a phone call.........simples :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hi dudes

Iam a really happy bunny now. :lol:

No nasty fluid i wont bid on the eBay auction for it now. :)

Now a stupid question B)

or two :ph34r:

How do i know when its re generating :blink:

are symptoms of it blocking up mpg that slowly goes down over time :o

Jamie :rolleyes: