Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puddle Lights On Wing Mirrors Why Did Ford Delete Them

james_60

Hi Folks

Puddle Lights do those words ring any bells.

Mk1 and mk2's have them i think. They are fitted to the underside of the wing mirror

How come ford decided that the newer mk2.5 didnt need them ??

Can i fit them !!

Jamie :-)

Hi Folks

Puddle Lights do those words ring any bells.

Mk1 and mk2's have them i think. They are fitted to the underside of the wing mirror

How come ford decided that the newer mk2.5 didnt need them ??

Can i fit them !!

Jamie :-)

I have them on my 61 plate Titanium and waste of time ! Not sure why ford want to light the 8" x 8" panel of my door under my mirror ? Unless there is a use ? Discuss .........?

They are for you to see if there is a !Removed! sleeping up against your door, which gives you time to get the baseball bat out of the boot without waking him up. On a serious note I kinda agree with wick not much point as the amount of lights that come on any way when I unlock the car its like Christmas

They are for you to see if there is a !Removed! sleeping up against your door, which gives you time to get the baseball bat out of the boot without waking him up. On a serious note I kinda agree with wick not much point as the amount of lights that come on any way when I unlock the car its like Christmas

neaver heard of them :blink:

They are meant as a safety feature i think , to light curb side , when entering/leaving the car.

I believe the clue is in the name 'Puddle Lights'. Is it to illuminate the area so you avoid stepping in a puddle entering/leaving the car (obviously in wet weather) ? I think on the New Focus they would look better if they were white LED's like the number plate light.

Hi

Most european cars have them in the bottom of the door and most of them are red.

I mean most people a few years ago would say what is the point in footwell lighting. All you see is your feet

Jamie

Hi

Most european cars have them in the bottom of the door and most of them are red.

Jamie

I think the red light was to warn other drivers/people in the dark your opening the door , and i think Tomo is correct that puddle lights are try and stop you getting your feet wet :P .

well the fact remains

Iam sure the mk1 had them in some form or other. and the mk3 has them but not the 2.5 which is weired.

Can they be retrofitted like most mods.

Jami

I would imagine they would not be hard to fit , you may have to run the feed to the curtesy lights for a simple connection. Unless you have a fuse directly for the puddle lights and its working in the GEM.

i have been looking at some on fleabay

i just love gadgets lol as you can probably tell.

and iam always in search of lone cables with connectors that dont connect to anything :-)

Jamie

i just love gadgets lol as you can probably tell.

and iam always in search of lone cables with connectors that dont connect to anything :-)

Jamie

Yeah same here , i've just ordered some SMD leds , deciding where i'm going to put them , either in door Speakers to light them up or center cup holders for illumination, and i'm waitng for some OEM DRL relacements to come back in stock.

iam ordering a cree reversing light :-)

One thing i wish i could have is illuminated sill protectors and led rear lights

Jamie

I believe the clue is in the name 'Puddle Lights'. Is it to illuminate the area so you avoid stepping in a puddle entering/leaving the car (obviously in wet weather) ? I think on the New Focus they would look better if they were white LED's like the number plate light.

They will be White LED once I get round to it ! 

They will be White LED once I get round to it ! 

See if you can put pics up to show difference between sides after fitting only one. Let us know which bulbs you buy

iam ordering a cree reversing light :-)

One thing i wish i could have is illuminated sill protectors and led rear lights

Jamie

illuminated sill protectors

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/277610113/Stainless_Steel_Door_Sill_Plates_Ford.html

Well I would change to LED if I could get cover off !!! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club