Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEW ford KA

hendrix

Has anyone driven the new ka yet. whats there opinion better or worse. have they ruined the little ones cute appeal ??

Has anyone driven the new ka yet. whats there opinion better or worse. have they ruined the little ones cute appeal ??

I did quite recently. We were looking for a new car for my wife. Having one ford already we obviously dropped by the dealer. Sorry but not impressed. Ka is now bigger, handling is somewhat frightening. Maybe because I used to my bigger ford, don't know.

Fiesta on the other hand felt much better.

It's a good car, I've just bought a Zetec, it's not that great up hills, but the handling and ride is excellent for a small car. The Fiesta's better, but that is a fantastic car. If you compare the new KA to the old one, the new one's much better.

Been to look at one today . Not sure yet though. The whole point is it was small car now its getting a bit porky. Main complaint was the exhaust box. All cars now hide the rear box and pipe away. The new ka looks like it was rammed on as an afterthought. " oh no we forget the exhaust oh ram it on no one will notice " thats how bad it looked. Its moving into yaris and mazda 2 styling inside .overall its nice but a little dissapionting no where nearly as earth shattering as when the old one arrived and nothing else looked any thing like it.

my uncle has bought one , not sure when he gets it but hes come from a vauxhall aglia so must be better ;) give a post up when i get a hold of it :rolleyes:

my uncle has bought one , not sure when he gets it but hes come from a vauxhall aglia so must be better ;) give a post up when i get a hold of it :rolleyes:

agila, Hmm.

sorry for the opel/vauxhal funs here, but it never ever came to my mind to consider an opel, even as the second car :lol:

And more seriously,

did you uncle buy it to feel like a new stile james bond (that new realistic and cruel new bond they are offering us in the last two films)?

:P

agila, Hmm.

sorry for the opel/vauxhal funs here, but it never ever came to my mind to consider an opel, even as the second car :lol:

And more seriously,

did you uncle buy it to feel like a new stile james bond (that new realistic and cruel new bond they are offering us in the last two films)?

:P

:lol: god only knows what goes on in his head, he will be trading it in, in a couple of months :blink: hes a bit like that i shudder to think how much hes lost in the years, suppose we all have to have a hobby ;)

:lol: god only knows what goes on in his head, he will be trading it in, in a couple of months :blink: hes a bit like that i shudder to think how much hes lost in the years, suppose we all have to have a hobby ;)

Perfectly understandable, I am afraid to tell my wife the exact feagure I lost on changing my cars. ;) The younger I was the worst. but even now, she is quite happy - she has got a new car, well she was told it's hers, god knows when it is due to be changed, might be pretty soon :lol:

Perfectly understandable, I am afraid to tell my wife the exact feagure I lost on changing my cars. ;) The younger I was the worst. but even now, she is quite happy - she has got a new car, well she was told it's hers, god knows when it is due to be changed, might be pretty soon :lol:

it is not the smax, this one stays if anybody is interested

• 3 months later...

I test drove first before the fiesta.

Couldnt get on with the gearstick and the position it was at all.

Drove Fiesta and it was fantastic so bought one of those :)

To be honest with you I much prefer the old Ford Ka's. Don't really like the look of the new ones.

Too right--the old Ka has style, personality, cheekiness and character--something the new one will never have.

We're on our third one now--the Sportka which is a fantastic driver's car--no loss of personality or character--just a bit more oomph! ;)

Aye I can't fault my Ford Ka. I really like the look of the old ones and you are right there is a cheekiness feel to them which I love.

Another fact I love is that it is quite girly... so it means my Dad wont be pinching it to drive all the time.

I was really surprised with how well it drives too and the space inside... I thought it would be horrbile to be honest. After learning in a Ford Fiesta (07 plate) I liked the feel of Ford and wanted to try and get something simliar and to be honest I'd say this drives better! :)

My Ford Ka has a few mods done to it. From what I have gathered it has had a spolier, side skirts and back put on. I love her and the only thing that is missing is some alloys... but I can live with out them. I am sure as well it has a different engine in. Goes alot quicker then other Ka's I have driven.... Not sure to be honest, will post some pics up soon no doubt for your views.

My plan is to have this one for a few years then get a SportKa :) they look rather fit!

Another fact I love is that it is quite girly... so it means my Dad wont be pinching it to drive all the time.. Goes alot quicker then other Ka's I have driven.... Not sure to be honest, will post some pics up soon no doubt for your views.

My plan is to have this one for a few years then get a SportKa :) they look rather fit!

That's why I can't drive ours---my wife keeps insisting that it's her car--the cheek of it--even though it is hers!

I get to drive it once in a blue moon and I love him (his name's Noddy) too! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had 2 Ka's before my new Fiesta - great little cars, very nippy around town. My third one was going to be the Sport Ka till they changed the shape. I only looked at the Ka Mk2, didn't test drive it.

Fancied the Street Ka too, till I fell out one in a car showroom and broke my ankle :) Bad omen!

I do like the new KA's, it's about time they moved up in the world. They look alot more safer hence the gained metal work on it's Shell. The small, cute cheap and cheerful bundle may not exactly be there anymore but I'v gotta say that's a small price to pay considering more cars are built faster, stronger and bigger. Not good for the vunerable KAs !

Good point Helena had not thought of it like that. Seen a few more and must admit are slowly growing on me. Especilly the special top models with stickers all over.

It was only last week I was on my way to work and a Passat came flying round the slip road off the motorway straight into the back of an older KA that was waiting at the roundabout.

Big whiplash cliam I know but the worst thing was I seen a baby car seat peaking out in the front :(

In my opinion if you're going for the new Ka DO NOT buy the diesel version. I have had one 3 weeks its been in the garage 3 times due to a very loud (can hear it over the stereo on 15) knocking noise when changing up a gear and Fords response is 'characteristic of the vehicle'. Bearing in mind this is after Ford have approved the gearbox to be taken out and a new one put in and then the old one put back in again as it didn't solve the noise.

Anyone wanna buy a Ka diesel from me??????????? :P

I had a sudden very very loud ticking noise from the gear box after my service but it went after a bit.

How many miles has it done ?

318 miles, its only 3 weeks old

Ford have said that it's definitely meant to make that noise even though the petrol version doesn't and the LHD diesel version doesn't. They say its 'characteristic of the vehicle' which means yes it probably shouldn't make that noise but its not a safety issue so tough you'll have to just cope with it.

I've been buying new Fords since 2001 on an annual basis and this is the last Ford I'll buy let alone the last Ka.

318 miles, its only 3 weeks old

Ford have said that it's definitely meant to make that noise even though the petrol version doesn't and the LHD diesel version doesn't. They say its 'characteristic of the vehicle' which means yes it probably shouldn't make that noise but its not a safety issue so tough you'll have to just cope with it.

I've been buying new Fords since 2001 on an annual basis and this is the last Ford I'll buy let alone the last Ka.

I'd give it a while it might be something that just needs loosing up with it being a brand new car.

Give it 2,000 miles, if the problem persists go back to Ford the car will still be under warrenty by then anyways.

• 1 month later...

just bought the new ka yesterday wont be picking it up for at least 2 weeks but took one out for a test drive and fell in love with it!! i am used to driving a rover 216si but have finally managed to give her up!! i was really surprised at how nippy and pokey the car is!! must say i love the fact that my tax wont cost me £185 for the year any more just a mere £35 so happy ;) will be uploading some pikkys of the new baby when she arrives!!!!

just bought the new ka yesterday wont be picking it up for at least 2 weeks but took one out for a test drive and fell in love with it!! i am used to driving a rover 216si but have finally managed to give her up!! i was really surprised at how nippy and pokey the car is!! must say i love the fact that my tax wont cost me £185 for the year any more just a mere £35 so happy ;) will be uploading some pikkys of the new baby when she arrives!!!!

Love my low tax :wub:

Mines 20 quid a year now :o Dirtttyyy filthy cheapppppppp

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club