Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta TDCi

csu253

With no responses to this previously I will try again as while the car drives ok it's just not right. Other TDCi fiesta's leave me standing. Ford want the car booked in to run checks but I would rather try the obvious 1st.

I am convinced that the car is lacking power. Particularly accelarating it seems to drop at 3000 rpm.

The car has been to Ford who say there is nothing wrong but did a software update and supposedly road tested. The car seems fine at lower revs but I am not convinced there is not an issue.

Does anyone know if disconnecting the air flow meter should be noticable when driving? I ask as I used to have a Galaxy TDi and it had Air Flow meter problems and when it was disconnected the difference was considerable once the meter was working.

Advice welcome.

Thanks

CSU253

Worth remembering mate, the diesel engine delivers its bulk power between 1500 revs and 2800. Its quite normal for a diesel to start losing its legs at 3000 rpm. Don't forget the limiter is set to 4,500.

• 3 weeks later...
Worth remembering mate, the diesel engine delivers its bulk power between 1500 revs and 2800. Its quite normal for a diesel to start losing its legs at 3000 rpm. Don't forget the limiter is set to 4,500.

Much appreciated and I agree about the bulk of the power, However, I am prett sure that it is not driving the way it was when I 1t bought it. I dont use it daily but when I do it just seems to be a bit off the pace. Everytime I convince myself it's fine I end up behind another one and it puuls away from me with ease on accelaration.

Might just have to bite the bullet and put nto the dealer!!!! :-(