Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installing Sub & Amp Help

Kayne_b

1.Iv recently bought a Sony explod sun 1100w need to get an amp what sort of amp should I look for?

2.I have a 4500 headunit would like to change to a double din radio what's the best one to get I would like a screen I think just wanted to know how much I'm looking at spending?

1. What is the model number of the sub? You have quoted 'mac's power ratings which should generally be ignored. You need to know the 'continual power's rating (rms) before looking at amps

2. What features do you want?

Iv bought it off eBay so iv gone of the Internet so might not be 100% (

XS-GTX100LW 10" Single Voice Coil subwoofer Polypropylene Cone with Stroke Stabilizer surround 4 Ohm Voice Coil Gold plated 5-way binding posts 1100 W Peak (300W Rated) 10" SVC WM Subwoofer)

If that helps

And one that has aux

A screen would be nice no real special features wanted

Oh i missed it lol, so that's the sort of amp I should be looking for then, Do I only need the one channel amp then?

If you're only running a sub then you want either a 1 channel or a 2 channel... If you get a 2ch, you'd be bridging both channels into 1, so no real odds which you get, as long as you make sure the rms power is 300 - 350 watts and max is around 1000,

2ch amps will have the specs of bridged in the spec list. If any of em show you 2 ohm and 4 ohm power, then you're looking at 4, which will always be less power than 2..... Don't worry about that, just concentrate on 4 ohm, 300 wrms... (dont worry too much about max watts)

How's that sound?

Yh that sounds good just need to find one now lol, il keep hunting on eBay, Is there anything i should look out for when looking for a headunit?

With a head unit, I'd just recommend buying a brand you know is trustworthy and has the features you want.

What kind of aux in you after? 3.5mm jack, USB? Front or rear of unit?

Make sure it has pre-outs, preferably dedicated sub ones rather than just front or rear. This'll give you control of sub volume and sound from the head unit and will give you options of expanding further if you wanna amp Speakers later.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thanks what do you think of this amp

eBay item number 150689713850

Bridged over 2 channels is around 150wrms, half the power your sub can run on happily.... Plus I've never heard the brand and don't know anyone that's used em so don't trust em.

Assume its the £19.99 that caught your eye? Lol

Lol that and a friend has one fitted in there car, I thought it was 450W x 2 ch

Or am I looking at the wrong thing here lol

This was the only amp Iv fount that is'nt over £100 that would run my sub think I'm not that good at looking lol

This isn't easy, especially wih the folk that are misselling stuff and quoting wrong wattages.

Although I've found a nice JBL amp thats 425 wrms with a buy it now for £100.... more watts than your sub could handle though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBL-GTO7001-GTO-7001-Mono-Amp-Subwoofer-Amplifier-700w-700-Watt-/180747120390?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2a155e2f06#ht_1074wt_932

Cheers yh I'm rubbish at looking through eBay, don't know what to type in to bring up the right amps, wish I got that one you showed me before that was a perfect price

I think the jbl 400w one is 75wat rms but not sure

just do a search through the categories for car, ice, amps...

I tend to look at auctions as they are sometimes the best deals.... I didn't look through buy it nows

Yh this is the spec on that amp I showed you

2 Ohm Stable (Stereo Mode).

Power and Protection LED.

4 Ohm Max Power Output @ 0.5% T.H.D. 225W x 4 ch

4 Ohm Bridged Power Output @ 0.5% T.H.D. 450W x 2 ch

4 Ohm RMS Output @ 75W x 4ch

Cross over slope (HPF-FULL-LPF).

Adjustable Subwoofer crossover frequency 40-250 Hz

Low Pass Filter (Variable) 40Hz - 240Hz

High Pass Filter (Variable) 40Hz - 1KHz

Frequency Response 40Hz - 250Hz

Operation Voltage (Negative Ground) DC 12V

Speaker Impedance @ Stereo Driven 4 Ohm

Dimensions ( LXWXH ) mm 300 x 250 x 50 mm

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club