Do Not Sell My Personal Information

need to gear up.

roly

Hi, I recently bought my better half a streetka ice.My concern is the low gear ratios and the hugh amout of fuel the vehicle uses. At 3000 revs in top(5th) the car is only doing bareley 60 miles an hour.

My question is:- is there anyway I can have the top gear altered to make it more of an overdrive?

Maybe there are other options? I don't know alot about front wheel drive cars as I always have myself a rear wheel drive car.

thanks.

roly

• 3 months later...

Hi, I recently bought my better half a streetka ice.My concern is the low gear ratios and the hugh amout of fuel the vehicle uses. At 3000 revs in top(5th) the car is only doing bareley 60 miles an hour.

My question is:- is there anyway I can have the top gear altered to make it more of an overdrive?

Maybe there are other options? I don't know alot about front wheel drive cars as I always have myself a rear wheel drive car.

thanks.

roly

damn thing is bankrupting me slowly with its fuel consumption. :angry:

Someone please let me know what differnt ratio gearbox I can fit.

I changed the exhaust for a new stainless steel with K&N filter,seems to have gave it better grunt & the fuel is slower to move off the needle!

If you drive it without racing off the lights,you will get better results.

I put in £20 last week & the mileage was over 150 mile!!!

I changed the exhaust for a new stainless steel with K&N filter,seems to have gave it better grunt & the fuel is slower to move off the needle!

If you drive it without racing off the lights,you will get better results.

I put in £20 last week & the mileage was over 150 mile!!!

I don't drive it as I feel its a ladies car myself.

My wife does a 66 mile round trip to and from her workplace and roads are mainly dual avenue roads. She does between 60 and 70 mph..but at 70mph the damn thing is revving too much about 3,000 +rev/min ..her old 04 fiesta would only be doing about 2,500 revs at same speed.

I think if I could have it geared up then it would be better on fuel. :rolleyes:

She isn't a "girl racer". ;) :)

My Focus revs at 3k doing 70!

My streetka sounds ok on the motorway,although I have heard a few people say it could do with an extra gear! :P

But we never bought it for motorway miles ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club