Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eac

hi just got a fiesta 1400 on a 02 plate. on the way home with it it went into limp mode and the letters EAC came up on dash can any body help

If memory seves me correctly it means Electronic Accelerator Control. It could just be a faulty Alternator or Throttle Body connection.

Try cleaning the electrical; connections with some electrical cleaning spray and check for corrosion and/or damp.

Hopefully an easy fix.

If memory seves me correctly it means Electronic Accelerator Control. It could just be a faulty Alternator or Throttle Body connection.

Try cleaning the electrical; connections with some electrical cleaning spray and check for corrosion and/or damp.

Hopefully an easy fix.

thank u will give it a try

just had car read it came up with . throttle actuator control system idle position not learned.mean anything 2 any body

I would (if bought from a garage, take it back! You could end up spending a fair amount rectifying it) sounds like you need to replace the throttle position sensors though...

I would (if bought from a garage, take it back! You could end up spending a fair amount rectifying it) sounds like you need to replace the throttle position sensors though...

brought it private

unfortunately that has bit you a little bit then! there are garages that will probably sell the TPS assembly for about £50 or there abouts, apparently its fairly easy to replace, I am sure someone here would have done it at some point. Thats what I think is wrong, but maybe more opinions are required!

unfortunately that has bit you a little bit then! there are garages that will probably sell the TPS assembly for about £50 or there abouts, apparently its fairly easy to replace, I am sure someone here would have done it at some point. Thats what I think is wrong, but maybe more opinions are required!

thank you for ur opinion

take it to a ford dealer and dependant on the fault code logged, they will tell you what its got wrong, there are 3 fail modes for this concern, 99.9 % are cured by have the cars PCM recalibrated, obviously this isnt always the case but they had a massive issue with this wen they first came out. a diagnostics check and recal should only be an hours labour

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club