Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Garage Set Fire To My Ka

Sandy74

Whilst carrying out welding for my MOT the garage managed to burn a hole in the carpet. They have said they will replace the carpet but ihave since noticed some wires have melted in the drivers door sill. So far my heated rear window does not work & I don't get the high pitched sound if I leave my lights on and open the door. I don't have electric windows or mirrors (my car is a very basic KA Now yr 2000 X reg). What other things have wires running along the drivers sill?

Whilst carrying out welding for my MOT the garage managed to burn a hole in the carpet. They have said they will replace the carpet but ihave since noticed some wires have melted in the drivers door sill. So far my heated rear window does not work & I don't get the high pitched sound if I leave my lights on and open the door. I don't have electric windows or mirrors (my car is a very basic KA Now yr 2000 X reg). What other things have wires running along the drivers sill?

I dont know specificly what wires are running to the rear of the car in that area but items you will need to check are,

the rear Speakers

the rear fog light

the rear brake lights

the rear tail lights

rear indicators

the rear wiper

the rear boot release

the headlight leveler (uses sensor fitted in rear to stabilise)

Parking sensors if fitted

ABS sensors

handbrake light

fuel gauge sensor signal

rear air bag sensors if fitted

boot light if fitted

reg plate bulbs

id get the welder to put the car in to ford for a replacment loom just to be 100% sure all is ok

as you have already gave your car to them in the confidence it was in safe hands and they have gone and welded through the floor..

Part of me hopes that this is a Ford garage, at the same time, I seriously hope not, as that would probably be classsed as serious idiocy!

I agree, check all electrics, and all damage should be repaired by the garage, I would make a written note and take photographic evidence of the damage, if you can find a wiring diagram for your car, that may help to indicate which wires run to the back, and so you can specifically see what it might be affecting...

Please do tell if it is a dealer, or an 'indie'.

It's a local independent garage. They have told my husband today they will do all they wiring when I take it back in Wednesday.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club