Do Not Sell My Personal Information

smax 2.5T modofocations

sobaka

Hi,

everyone looking to be driving a mad bus is welcome to ask engine tuning questions here.

This topic is dedicated to 2.5 turbo volvo engine. Focus ST owners with the same motor are very much welcome to participate. Be careful though - engines of smax and focus are not interchangeable. Hairy when on will shed more light on it.

Hi,

everyone looking to be driving a mad bus is welcome to ask engine tuning questions here.

This topic is dedicated to 2.5 turbo volvo engine. Focus ST owners with the same motor are very much welcome to participate. Be careful though - engines of smax and focus are not interchangeable. Hairy when on will shed more light on it.

No mechanical tinkerings on mine yet, but here's a list to date: -

Head lights now +50%

Side lights now 12w instead of 5w

Fog lights +50%

All interior bulbs changed to "warm white" LED's

Puddle lights also changed to LED's

Number plate lights changed to "blue" bulbs to match the LED's

Brodit clip & holder for iPhone

OE Sunshades for the summer

Scratches added to front valence in car park yesterday :angry:

No mechanical tinkerings on mine yet, but here's a list to date: -

Head lights now +50%

Side lights now 12w instead of 5w

Fog lights +50%

All interior bulbs changed to "warm white" LED's

Puddle lights also changed to LED's

Number plate lights changed to "blue" bulbs to match the LED's

Brodit clip & holder for iPhone

OE Sunshades for the summer

Scratches added to front valence in car park yesterday :angry:

:)

you already got the going faster lights, that's already something :D

not to mention your previous smax diesel you have had mapped with superchips and that is the map for everybody getting bluefin :)

Just ordered 19" dotz alloys and have had Eibach springs in the garage for a couple of months, will get around to fitting them some time :P then its brakes, been in touch with the guys at GGR and the are tracking down some preformance discs for me as they are proving quite hard to get <_< but defo going for the red stuff pads. been looking at the mongoose exhaust this seems to be a good bit cheeper than the miltek system and i have had this system on other fords and have had no problems. after that we may look at engine $$$$$$$$ but dont think i will be going down the turbo road as my wife and i still use it as a daily family car so the big turbo is out the door <_< but from what i have read i will be looking at the intercooler that suffers from heat soak (i believe) and a induction kit which seems to be restricted :huh: been looking at wolf sport ! then a remap, not sure if i will go for the bluefin again i have heard mixed reports may just look at the wolf sport there too, any sugestions guys more than welcome ;)

oh i have also found bilstien shocks ! do find it a bit boatish some times, i dont have IVDC :(

Just ordered 19" dotz alloys and have had eibach springs in the garage for a couple of months, will get around to fitting them some time :P then its brakes, been in touch with the guys at GGR and the are tracking down some preformance discs for me as they are proving quite hard to get <_< but defo going for the red stuff pads. been looking at the mongoose exhaust this seems to be a good bit cheeper than the miltek system and i have had this system on other fords and have had no problems. after that we may look at engine $$ but dont think i will be going down the turbo road as my wife and i still use it as a daily family car so the big turbo is out the door <_< but from what i have read i will be looking at the intercooler that suffers from heat soak (i believe) and a induction kit which seems to be restricted :huh: been looking at wolf sport ! then a remap, not sure if i will go for the bluefin again i have heard mixed reports may just look at the wolf sport there too, any sugestions guys more than welcome ;)

oh i have also found bilstien shocks ! do find it a bit boatish some times, i dont have IVDC :(

You need Hairy here, he is joining us shortly.

While waiting, Mr Landman, do you have an advice please?

i know what i want but it all comes down to money and time, money being the main one :rolleyes: still want a every day car but would like to refine the performance parts i am a bit 'anal' like that :P like i have to have a 2.5T badge on each door or it wood drive me mad :blink: anyway as i say any advise most welcome :D

i know what i want but it all comes down to money and time, money being the main one :rolleyes: still want a every day car but would like to refine the performance parts i am a bit 'anal' like that :P like i have to have a 2.5T badge on each door or it wood drive me mad :blink: anyway as i say any advise most welcome :D

That's what I am saying,

Hairy has gone much more than all of us this rout - up to 400bhp if I am not mistaken, he is a perfect guy to tell you when you need to stop. :D

To my understanding it is relatively "dangerous" for the every day drive to low the suspension, better brakes never hurt anyone (your wife is Ok, Hairy? :D ) Exhaust, hmm... know a guy who had to dismantle his car because of too loud exhaust. Unfortunately I don't treat the guy as a friend anymore, so can't bring him here.

And overall I think if you go through your setup with Hairy or at least Landman, you could avoid some naughty problems :) IMHO.

But heavens god, don't renounce, it's quite possible to have a daily driver performance car for not much of money around 300 bph (270 maybe). Just waiting for the experts, so they don't diminish myself as an amater B)

That's what I am saying,

Hairy has gone much more than all of us this rout - up to 400bhp if I am not mistaken, he is a perfect guy to tell you when you need to stop. :D

To my understanding it is relatively "dangerous" for the every day drive to low the suspension, better brakes never hurt anyone (your wife is Ok, Hairy? :D ) Exhaust, hmm... know a guy who had to dismantle his car because of too loud exhaust. Unfortunately I don't treat the guy as a friend anymore, so can't bring him here.

And overall I think if you go through your setup with Hairy or at least Landman, you could avoid some naughty problems :) IMHO.

But heavens god, don't renounce, it's quite possible to have a daily driver performance car for not much of money around 300 bph (270 maybe). Just waiting for the experts, so they don't diminish myself as an amater B)

i am not shy when it comes to modifing cars and i start out life at a ford garage ;) and the exhaust... well we had a 330bhp impreza as a daily runner at one point :lol:

still not much exp with the smax but with the right guys to push me in the right direction all the better ;)

i am not shy when it comes to modifing cars and i start out life at a ford garage ;) and the exhaust... well we had a 330bhp impreza as a daily runner at one point :lol:

still not much exp with the smax but with the right guys to push me in the right direction all the better ;)

Don't worry pushing you we have a lot of volunteers :lol:

Don't underestimate the smax - this crazy van can do miracles. I was once on the point of having one prepared... A long story but as it appeared afterwards I was fortunate not to. Still I do have a rage :rolleyes:

Don't worry pushing you we have a lot of volunteers :lol:

Don't underestimate the smax - this crazy van can do miracles. I was once on the point of having one prepared... A long story but as it appeared afterwards I was fortunate not to. Still I do have a rage :rolleyes:

we will see what 2009 produces ;)

but overall i impressed and can see me keeping it a while as the wife is sick of me changing cars :rolleyes: at least this one has lasted more than the normal 6 months :lol: well nearly ................

we will see what 2009 produces ;)

but overall i impressed and can see me keeping it a while as the wife is sick of me changing cars :rolleyes: at least this one has lasted more than the normal 6 months :lol: well nearly ................

You remind me somebody, did we meet elsewhere?

• 12 years later...

Hi I’ve got a smax 2.5 is there any benefit in upgrading spark plugs 

I’ve got fmic and air filter 

no re map yet 

waiting on back box delete. 
needs service next month that’s why I ask thanks 

hi guys i got 2.5t on 07 plate 90k on clock

have just put st alloys on car 

new rear shocks standard genuine ford 

uprated to drilled and grooved discs

no engine mods

just put stainless steel exhaust on car ( quoted £1100 for new exhaust by kwik fit )

car in garage at moment as camshaft oil seal went putting oil all over the cambelt that was replaced last year

so putting new one on

mrs not happy but what the heck its my enjoyment to drive it and get out house for bit

also only run it bp ultimate

where can i get 2.5t badges from ???