#1 fordnewbie

fordnewbie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2005

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

Hi all. im pretty new to this forum so here goes.

I had noticed a random tapping noise, which randomly appeared on my 2005 Ford Fiesta, So i took into to my local garage. They couldn't diagnose the problem or tell me what it was. After researching on the net I come across the common problem with fuel injectors given the symptoms which are occurring.

After my own investigation I found what the problem is, it is my return fuel pipe from the 4th cylinder injector - Its completely snapped off the T piece like fuel line and p*ssing diesel on to the engine block, hence the tapping and the inch thick carbon layered up round the injectors.

Also, once I had taken my injector out this seal type thing was completely shafted. (picture attached) Is this a standard seal? as the ones ive found so far, look nothing like that.

What is the part called which goes into the injector which is snapped and where can i get a replacement? (Picture attached)
IMG-20111031-00020.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

it will be the leak off pipe connector,the whole assembly should be around 20 from ford.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users