Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing A 1.8 Tdci Fuel Filter

rodriguez

AFAIK my car has the paper type fuel filter, anyone changed theirs and if so is it easy enough to do or best to get a fitter to do it.

I read somewhere you need some sort of pump to bleed it, is this right?

The correct way to do it would be to use a pump, however, me and many others on this forum have done it without the pump and not had any issues. I believe Lenny has a good writeup on how to do it.

Basically it's a case of taking the metal shield off, pulling the pipes off and the electric plug (remember to plug the pipes, unslot the fuel filter housing, unscrew it, dispose of old diesel, renew filter ensuring to replace O Ring aswell, fill housing to brim with new fuel, ensure filter and o ring are correctly seated on the lid, pop the lid on and screw onto the filter housing. Loads of diesel will spill. Slot the filter housing back in, pop pipes and cable back on, turn ignition to on, then off for about 5 times.. turn the car over. If car doesn't start, turn off the ignition and back on again, this will prime the fuel system drawing any air out. Keep repeating this proccess until the car starts and idles fine.

It's vital you leave as little air as possible in the pipes and housing otherwise if you have too much the system will need to be bled with a pump. Also make sure the O ring and lid are properly seated in the lid so no air can be drawn in under the pressure.

The correct way to do it would be to use a pump, however, me and many others on this forum have done it without the pump and not had any issues. I believe Lenny has a good writeup on how to do it.

Basically it's a case of taking the metal shield off, pulling the pipes off and the electric plug (remember to plug the pipes, unslot the fuel filter housing, unscrew it, dispose of old diesel, renew filter ensuring to replace O Ring aswell, fill housing to brim with new fuel, ensure filter and o ring are correctly seated on the lid, pop the lid on and screw onto the filter housing. Loads of diesel will spill. Slot the filter housing back in, pop pipes and cable back on, turn ignition to on, then off for about 5 times.. turn the car over. If car doesn't start, turn off the ignition and back on again, this will prime the fuel system drawing any air out. Keep repeating this proccess until the car starts and idles fine.

It's vital you leave as little air as possible in the pipes and housing otherwise if you have too much the system will need to be bled with a pump. Also make sure the O ring and lid are properly seated in the lid so no air can be drawn in under the pressure.

Thanks a lot.

Am I right in thinking there are only 2 types?

BTW do you go for a pattern off the like of eBay or branded looks like about £20-30 of difference.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-C-MAX-S-MAX-1-8-TDCI-DIESEL-FUEL-FILTER-/180734695813?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D150611444519%252B150611444519%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3894858416508118779

Thanks a lot.

Am I right in thinking there are only 2 types?

BTW do you go for a pattern off the like of ebay or branded looks like about £20-30 of difference.

http://www.ebay.co.u...858416508118779

Sorry guys i haven't got to the fuel filter yet :D

no guide from me but thanks for the rep