Do Not Sell My Personal Information

smax official trouble topic

sobaka

Certainly sounds it. Sadly I think the only way you will get their attention is by parking outside and waiting for them....

If you are getting no response, send them a recorded delivery letter detailing your faults and stating your consumer rights that the vehicle is faulty and you expect resolution to this preferably at a local garage (if they are further away). I would also state you request a written response confirming alternative contact details that will be contactable over the current methods and state failure to reply will result in you exercising your right to reject the vehicle.

That should kick them.

Did you pay for any part of the car (more than 100 ppunds) on your credit card? If so you are protected by the consumer credit act which leaves your credit card supplier eligible to assist you and reimburse you after logging a complaint. I was close to processing this myself though I abandoned the process as the fault on the vehicle where resolved otherwise and no longer were an issue. I believe it's section 74 of the CCA off the top if my head.

• Like 1

Certainly sounds it. Sadly I think the only way you will get their attention is by parking outside and waiting for them....

If you are getting no response, send them a recorded delivery letter detailing your faults and stating your consumer rights that the vehicle is faulty and you expect resolution to this preferably at a local garage (if they are further away). I would also state you request a written response confirming alternative contact details that will be contactable over the current methods and state failure to reply will result in you exercising your right to reject the vehicle.

That should kick them.

Did you pay for any part of the car (more than 100 ppunds) on your credit card? If so you are protected by the consumer credit act which leaves your credit card supplier eligible to assist you and reimburse you after logging a complaint. I was close to processing this myself though I abandoned the process as the fault on the vehicle where resolved otherwise and no longer were an issue. I believe it's section 74 of the CCA off the top if my head.

i managed to get in touch with them an hour ago , i have explained the situation with the car and have it booked in on tuesday so a worrying drive to rochdale from preston is due :unsure: , I am also going to tell them that if they wont sort the car out there and then then i will be wanting my money back !

• Like 1

Good luck mate

• Like 1

Good luck mate

well iv took the car back to them a day early and told them what needs doing and told them that they shouldn't of sold the car while it needs break pads on the rear , the bearing needs looking at , the tracking needs sorting and the belt squeaks like mad , so now its a waiting game for them to sort it , i wonder if there is any one i can contact regarding the sale of a pretty much a car not really fit for the road ?

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, would any1 on here know where I could get a wiring loom for a 2.5t?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

well iv took the car back to them a day early and told them what needs doing and told them that they shouldn't of sold the car while it needs break pads on the rear , the bearing needs looking at , the tracking needs sorting and the belt squeaks like mad , so now its a waiting game for them to sort it , i wonder if there is any one i can contact regarding the sale of a pretty much a car not really fit for the road ?

Trading standards is the best bet. Also if they are an mot station then report them to vosa.

Just out of curiosity, would any1 on here know where I could get a wiring loom for a 2.5t?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Best bet is to look at the likes of breakeryard. Com and get a used one as they are expensive new.

Well good news ....sort of ! the rear bearings are fine , they put new rear break pads on and done the tracking and the loud knocking noise was coming from the heat shield above the exhaust there was a bracket missing off it so when im going 60-70 mph it was flapping around , but hey wont refurbish the alloys as they they knocked a 100 off the original price, never mind at least now i have piece of mind when i have my kids in the car :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a 37 month old Smax 2.2 Titanium (12 Plate). Before my warranty ran out the keyless entry stopped working and after a week in the garage it was fixed. Rusty pin on small matchbox controller in headlining caused by dampness. Today much to my horror it has stopped working again. However when I phoned my dealer advises me the repair warranty ran out with the main warranty last month and I may be liable for repair costs!. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks Martin

I got that story from Isuzu when the glow plugs went on the pickup, I argued that parts had to have 12 months warranty at least? - apparently not.

If they refuse you could try local trading standards for advice (just a quick phone call), this might make garage change there mind.

Good luck

Ok so I'm back :wacko: this time with a couple of things I need advise on ,

1. The parking sensors have started playing up ( 3-4 second beep followed by a continuous tone and flashing dash light ) ,

2. Every time I have drove the car when I get out I always get a static shock off the door ,

3. Every now and then I get a message saying Engine Fault with the ESP pic next to it , but when I pull over switch off the engine then restart the message goes away .

4. The fuel level needle seems to give different readings , I left my my house with 134 miles on the display drove 2 miles to my mams got back in started up and it said I only have 52 miles :blink: .

I dont want to get rid of this car because i like it ( sort of ) but I know it can be a really good car if I could get these issuse sorted so any help and advise is greatly appreciated . thanks guys and safe driving.

• 4 months later...

The main bulk of protection is gone, but the sale of goods act means that you may have a claim. If it's inherently faulty then you can reclaim your costs but you may well find you need an engineers report independently

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I do know the 175bhp was re - engineered by Fraud when they introduced the 197bhp 2.2 variant engine & amongst the changes was a different turbo

Check the lights are functioning with the self test. Make sure no pratt had taped over the light.

As for the response, never trust the selling garage, get second opinions because they are probably saying it ad they are reluctant to pay out for a new engine...

On 14 September 2015 at 0:20 PM, jeebowhite said:

Check the lights are functioning with the self test. Make sure no pratt had taped over the light.

As for the response, never trust the selling garage, get second opinions because they are probably saying it ad they are reluctant to pay out for a new engine...

Thanks for the advice.

When did you purchase?

Did you buy it from new or used!?

Did you buy it from new or used!?

Bought brand new in Oct 11.

Unfortunately thy leaves you limited options :(

• 1 month later...

Hello

i have an S-Max 2010 Titanium. Is there any way of keeping the radio / cd player on with the engine off? seems an awful waste to keep the engine on just to listen to the radio e.g. when waiting for someone to get in the car.

thanks!

David.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club