1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

sobaka

smax official trouble topic

129 posts in this topic

If it's the 6000 just press the volume button for one hour mode.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hello

I stupidly washed my s-max key fob (is that what they are called - the keyless "key" which is eletronic) in the washing machine. the key has dried out now but it still does not work. is it fixable? if not, how do I get a new key please?

thanks!

David.

First time brosing here as my S Max is giving us grief!

We bought the car in September 09, a 56 plate 2.0 TDCI Titanium with 40k on the clock, in December 09 the flywheel failed and ford replaced under the warranty provided.

Now 14 months and 10400 miles later the flywheel has failed again!!

My dealer are being quite helpful but advised me to talk to "Ford Customer Relations", I think they best comment the guy said was "Well you are the second owner of the vehicle and it is out of its original manufacturers warranty" I read that as you bought it second hand so its not our fault, so should you buy an "approved" used Ford vehicle???

I said I understand that it is out of its original warranty but it is a "new" genuine Ford replacement part that has failed not an original part from when the car was new.

Should a flywheel fail after 10400 miles????

He asked if I was going to accept the 50% contribution to the cost of the part, but when I said its £1400 and the part is not the expensive part he said thats all that was on offer and I would get a new warranty with the part, all well and good untill it fails again after 14 months!!!

I added that if they do not accept liabilty and help me out I would probably chop the car in and never buy a Ford again......

Customer relations my eye!!!

I also have the Turbo whistle, like a leak in an air pipe somewhere, the airbag light is on/off intermittently too.

Time to get shot me thinks............

Any one else had probs with the flywheel issue ???

That's a bit scary considering we've just had ours changed! The last one had failed and taken out the slave cylinder so as the box was off I ordered a new clutch kit. £500 in parts (at a massive discount!) alone :(

10k miles is ludicrous, maybe it hadn't been aligned or torqued properly?

On 09/01/2009 at 8:49 PM, sobaka said:

Starting this thread so all the troubles you have can have an answer.

Does my 56 TDCi Zetec S-max have a battery back up sounder in its alarm system? The handbook states only that it could have one of four types . Thanks alan essex