Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,621 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:51 AM

well iv took the car back to them a day early and told them what needs doing and told them that they shouldn't of sold the car while it needs break pads on the rear , the bearing needs looking at , the tracking needs sorting and the belt squeaks like mad , so now its a waiting game for them to sort it , i wonder if there is any one i can contact regarding the sale of a pretty much a car not really fit for the road ?

Trading standards is the best bet. Also if they are an mot station then report them to vosa.

Just out of curiosity, would any1 on here know where I could get a wiring loom for a 2.5t?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Best bet is to look at the likes of breakeryard. Com and get a used one as they are expensive new.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#107 ianfolan1

ianfolan1

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: ian
  • Ford Model: S MAX 2.0 TDCI ZETEC

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

Well good news ....sort of ! the rear bearings are fine , they put new rear break pads on and done the tracking and the loud knocking noise was coming from the heat shield above the exhaust there was a bracket missing off it so when im going 60-70 mph it was flapping around , but hey wont refurbish the alloys as they they knocked a 100 off the original price, never mind at least now i have piece of mind when i have my kids in the car :D  

#108 Supersons

Supersons

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Smax Titanium
Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

Hi,

I have a 37 month old Smax 2.2 Titanium (12 Plate).  Before my warranty ran out the keyless entry stopped working and after a week in the garage it was fixed.  Rusty pin on small matchbox controller in headlining caused by dampness.  Today much to my horror it has stopped working again.  However when I phoned my dealer advises me the repair warranty ran out with the main warranty last month and I may be liable for repair costs!.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks Martin

#109 Randoms

Randoms

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk3 Titanium Nav
  • Year: 2013

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

I got that story from Isuzu when the glow plugs went on the pickup, I argued that parts had to have 12 months warranty at least? - apparently not.

If they refuse you could try local trading standards for advice (just a quick phone call), this might make garage change there mind.

Good luck

#110 ianfolan1

ianfolan1

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: ian
  • Ford Model: S MAX 2.0 TDCI ZETEC

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

Ok so I'm back  :wacko: this time with a couple of things I need advise on , 

1. The parking sensors have started playing up ( 3-4 second beep followed by a continuous tone and flashing dash light ) ,

2. Every time I have drove the car when I get out I always get a static shock off the door ,

3. Every now and then I get a message saying Engine Fault with the ESP pic next to it , but when I pull over switch off the engine         then restart the message goes away .

4. The fuel level needle seems to give different readings , I left my my house with 134 miles on the display drove 2 miles to my       mams got back in started up and it said I only have 52 miles  :blink: .

I dont want to get rid of this car because i like it ( sort of ) but I know it can be a really good car if I could get these issuse             sorted so any help and advise is greatly appreciated . thanks guys and safe driving. 

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users