Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cd Navigation Unit - No Traffic Reports

pauljoanss

I have the manual for this unit but it is not very helpful.

With my old Focus I used to get local traffic reports from local BBC stations automatically cutting into national BBC stations.

With this unit (Focus 1.6 2010 Titanium with comms) it just does not seem to happen with all the settings I have tried. When driving in Italy and Germany we did get some traffic reports cutting in, but never in the UK.

Has anyone else with this unit had the same problem.

Suspect it may not compatible with the UK system and therefore should not be supplied or a warning should be given.

You got the TA button pressed?

- Should say TA somewhere on the radio scren when selected

I've got the same unit and I do get local traffic info on a regular basis especially in rush hour traffic. I can't remember what settings ive put on the unit for AFAIK isn't there a traffic button?

OK I am an idiot.

Yes there is a large button marked "Traffic". I now have TA shown on screen so will expect traffic reports next time I use the car.

Also now see the manual has a section heading "Traffic Message Channels" which gives this info.

I was convinced that the correct setting was hidden somewhere in the layers of sub menus and never thought to look at the main buttons.

Thanks for the help, I have learnt again that you should always read the manual FULLY.

Easy done.

Can anyone explain why it only kicks in for the BBC traffic feeds, yet if I am listening to a local station and a traffic report comes on, it knows and up's the volume ... just won't change to it if I have another station on?

(This may be a case of reading the manual as noted above, but i'll get a quicker answer here :))

• 2 weeks later...

Things have not improved. After I admitted to being an idiot and found the "Traffic" button which then gave me TA on the screen, I still have not heard one traffic report, despite driving thro London last weekend (while listening to Radio 2 and TP displayed against Radio 2).

I am beginning to give up hope.

Is there another setting/button that any idiot should have seen.

Regards

Menu System

Check

News on/off

Alternative Frequency on/off

Regional on/off

Radio Text on/off

Thanks Pree for suggestion.

Have just checked and all items you suggested have a "X" which I assume means on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club