Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie Questions

sobaka

This is the topic anyone looking to bye an smax is welcome to pose questions on trims/options/etc.

keeping this topic on top of the list if anyone scrolls by and have questions.

• 2 months later...
This is the topic anyone looking to bye an smax is welcome to pose questions on trims/options/etc.

I am hoping to buy an S-Max soon. Can anyone advise me on headlight conversions for driving in France? Thanks

I am hoping to buy an S-Max soon. Can anyone advise me on headlight conversions for driving in France? Thanks

Headlight templates are available for smax on the net. The only other option is to change the headlights for Continental ones, the lights are not adjustable.

Said that, you are only potentially in trouble if you are goind to drive at night, most if not all the smaxers don't apply Continental templates though some are having the blinds in the boot just in case.

HTH

Here is an extract of interest for you,

complete story here http://www2.autoexpress.co.uk/forum/viewto...f22ffaa87b2529d

On a slightly different topic, I was concerned about converting the xenon headlamps for continental driving and was warned that it might mean removing the headlamp units to set switches at the rear of the units. On checking I was pleased to find that Ford provide a template that you hold onto the headlamp lens, mark around with a felt tip pen, then fill in the area with black tape. Cost and inconvenience virtually nil. I was in France last week and this system seemd to work perfectly. I could see well at night and did not appear to dazzle oncoming motorists.

Here is an extract of interest for you,

complete story here http://www2.autoexpress.co.uk/forum/viewto...f22ffaa87b2529d

Andrei, thanks for your replies. I only plan to drive in France for a short holiday, so the tape conversion seems to be the easiest. I have some Lucas tape which I used on my mondeo. Does anyone have the outline for the Smax or do I simply speak to my Ford dealer? I hope to pick the Smax up at the end of next week.

Edek

Andrei, thanks for your replies. I only plan to drive in France for a short holiday, so the tape conversion seems to be the easiest. I have some Lucas tape which I used on my mondeo. Does anyone have the outline for the Smax or do I simply speak to my Ford dealer? I hope to pick the Smax up at the end of next week.

Edek

Yes, just talk to your dealer, they should have the stensils for free.

Happy motoring, smax is a great car :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Have collected the car and it is great. However, I tried talking to two Ford main dealers about the stensils and they don't have any! I spoke to the people in the service department, in parts and even in the New Car sales and nobody could help me!

Is there a copy of the stensil on-line somewhere?

Take care.

Yes, just talk to your dealer, they should have the stensils for free.

Happy motoring, smax is a great car :rolleyes:

Hi! Have collected the car and it is great. However, I tried talking to two Ford main dealers about the stensils and they don't have any! I spoke to the people in the service department, in parts and even in the New Car sales and nobody could help me!

Is there a copy of the stensil on-line somewhere?

Take care.

Hi,

strange I know for sure ford has one.

Anyway,

found this for you for only 6 pounds and free delivery:

http://www.care4car.com/productdisplay/mod...Deflectors.html

• 1 year later...

Hi All

The time has come to buy an S-MAX (2 kids, existing car way too small!) but I'm struggling to get some questions answered by dealers and the Ford Website. Any assistance would be much appreciated!

• New 2010 Ford S-MAX 2.0 Diesel engines - data on combined MPG, 0-60 and CO2 for the 115, 140, 140 Powershift and 163 versions of this new engine. (Ford web site only has data for old model, dealers have no clue)
  • Keyless entry option - does this also include keyless ingition (i.e. stop/start button) or do you still need to insert and turn the key once you're in the car?
  • ASLD - Does the New 2010 S-MAX come with the Adjustable Speed Limiter Device (ASLD) that I've read about in some of the reviews? Again, the Ford website and dealers are oblivious.
  • mats - Would a new S-MAX come with a full set of mats or is that something to ask/haggle for as an option?

Many thanks for any advice you can offer. It has been frustrating to speak with so many dealers who are happy to take an order but can't tell me exactly what I'm ordering!

We have only been given the new Price list and option extras for the New S-Max. Nobody has been given any data for us to work off and no idea of spec on the New S-Max. We are finding it difficult at dealer level too. We are however getting the new S-Max in the showroom soon so that should help. hopefully the new S-Max and Galaxy will be in showrooms mid next month. Also hopefully Ford give us details on these cars too.

• 3 months later...

Can anybody tell me how to tell if a S-Max has Adaptive Cruise Control on viewing?

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm new to the site. Due to a faulty bonnet cable (seems to be standard issue on the S-Max!) my battery was disconnected so I now need the radio code. I have seen the helpful links to decoding sites but please could someone let me know how to access the serial code on the radio? I have a 2007 S-Max and the radio is a 6000 CD. Thanks very much. (Having spent £192 on the bonnet cable and £150 on the boot latch which failed on the day we were going on holiday, I can't bring myself to pay the local garage £25 just for the stupid radio code!)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

another newbie, I am looking for a 2 year old s-max hopefully titanium model. My sis bought a 3 year old 1.8 diesel 57 plate and just found out they have just spent £1000 on repairs, ABS pump and few other things. I am now thinking twice having read other problems on this forum. I like the look of the s-max and the fact it is roomier inside then other 7 seaters in the same range.

What I want to know and would appreciate any replies, are these only a minority of cases and only on older models or should I be looking at alternatives. My kids are 8 and 11 and we have a 3rd on the way, hence the back 2 seats need a little more room than the other 7 seaters (Toyota verso, Touran etc..) but Galaxy is too big? I was looking into getting a 2008/09 1.8 or 2.0 tdci titanium model, any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Ayaz