Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Common Ka Flood In The Footwell

shoeprozac

OK, so I gather leaks and puddles in the passenger footwell of Ka's is a common problem.

Wonderful man bought me my first ever car in the summer - a 2001 1.3 Ka. She isn't perfect but runs great considering the age and we really thought we had gotten a real bargain.

However, now that the rains have set in, the carpet in the passenger footwell is sodden and after doing a little research know it could be caused by what seems an infinite number of things. I want to try and keep garage costs down as much as possible, so wondered if I list the possible causes below someone could tell me what I might be able to tackle before turning it over to a garage? The car was only £800 so I don;t want to spend any more than £200, and as apparently identifying the leak is what takes time and time=money, I want to rule out as many things as possible first!

OK, so it could be:

Drain ducts running alongside the windscreen blocked and water running the back of the bulk head into footwell

Window seals not working and water running inside the door and into the floor

Something to do with the heaters??

Pollen filters need changing - though would my 10yr old car have those?? (yes, I am a bit clueless!)

Coolant bottle - see this post in your forums

The car doesn't ahve air con so that rules out the air con leaking

Any and all advice welcome!!!

You could try and do a little water test on it yourself, hose pipe, jet wash, to try and mimic the rain and where its possibly leaking in from? Incidentally my leak was caused by a hole in the boot which had leaked through and soaked the soundproofing and then eventually the carpets, so that's another possibility for you...

take to local jetwash spray around that side of car,may be coming through windscreen seal etc,should not cost more than £50.00 to fix,brushable seamsealer is good stopping leaks,

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I gather leaks and puddles in the passenger footwell of Ka's is a common problem.

Wonderful man bought me my first ever car in the summer - a 2001 1.3 Ka. She isn't perfect but runs great considering the age and we really thought we had gotten a real bargain.

However, now that the rains have set in, the carpet in the passenger footwell is sodden and after doing a little research know it could be caused by what seems an infinite number of things. I want to try and keep garage costs down as much as possible, so wondered if I list the possible causes below someone could tell me what I might be able to tackle before turning it over to a garage? The car was only £800 so I don;t want to spend any more than £200, and as apparently identifying the leak is what takes time and time=money, I want to rule out as many things as possible first!

OK, so it could be:

Drain ducts running alongside the windscreen blocked and water running the back of the bulk head into footwell

Window seals not working and water running inside the door and into the floor

Something to do with the heaters??

Pollen filters need changing - though would my 10yr old car have those?? (yes, I am a bit clueless!)

Coolant bottle - see this post in your forums

The car doesn't ahve air con so that rules out the air con leaking

Any and all advice welcome!!!

I have got a problem with my heater in my KA and was told that it is caused by an airlock that should - hopefully - clear itself but to look out for flooding in the footwell because this could mean a bigger problem - cant remember what he said because I'm clueless as well! So get your heater checked - does your heater work okay?

is your heater valve working,its under the bonnet passenger side,you should see 2 pipes going into it,one should be hot,the other cold,vlve only costs £15.00 or less,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club