Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Lights

SOrchard

I know that this *has* been done to death, but does anyone know the P/N for the bulb holders, or what they look like? I gather that they're actually a standard Ford holder and used all over the place in indicator repeaters and the like. There are plenty on the Bay, but I need to know what they look like so that I don't buy the wrong ones.

Also... apart from running the cable from the dome light, is there another way of doing it that doesn't involve splicing into the wiring? I met Fordpartsman the other day and he was talking about plugging it in by the GEM, but he hasn't got back to my PM yet so I've no idea where he means.

Cheers,

Simon.

PS, I tried to change the spelling mistake in the title, but I can't. So tough if you don't like it :P

Edited by Mark M.K
Edited Spelling mistake in the Title

The part number for the footwell lights looks to be 1513144 - it's around £25 which seems pricey for what it is.

You just need 2 of these mate and they twist in to the holders

This is assuming that you have a mk7 2008-

You can then tap in to the interior light and do it that way

Cheers Ben, I've got a MK7, so time for a bidding war with D4nz0 :P

Does that light come with two bulbs then? Guess I've got to wait for the next one to come along.

The light has a lens and a bulb holder which is secured in to it the same way it would screw in to the mounts in your car

Go scrap yard. They come in mk1 focus, mk4/mk5/mk6/mk7 fiesta and mk1 ka's. Maybe other but not sure

on the theme of not splicing the wire, try Halfords cable lock connectors, cheap as and they dont cut the wire... used them when i had the drl's on

Those cable lock connectors aren't the best and it still splits the wires insulation

Do it properly and get some insulated male and female spade connectors. They're probably cheaper and you can split directly from the existing plug without cutting any wires

• Like 1

Those cable lock connectors aren't the best and it still splits the wires insulation

Do it properly and get some insulated male and female spade connectors. They're probably cheaper and you can split directly from the existing plug without cutting any wires

Cheers, I've got bulb holders on the way, not the one D4nz0 was after though :)

Do spade connectors push down inside the existing T connector behind the light, or do I have to take the wires out from it first?

Are the stock Ford light red or white BTW? I still need bulbs as well as wires and time to do it!

I connected one spade to a red wire and to a female spade. This plugs in to the positive existing plug

Then another spade to a black wire and to a female spade. This plugs in to the negative existing plug

Standard bulbs are white. I tried red and didnt like it do went for the standard look. Fitted lenses though rather than usin existing holder

Fitted! Thank you Ben, OTS, Nico et al. Looks pretty cool, though I'm not sure why, big car look maybe? It does show up how desparately the carpets need cleaning however!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club