Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Filter Change

gary29428

Guys

I have a 2009 Focus 1.8tdci, just wondering how often I should be changing the fuel filter. Also how big a job is it to do myself, I service the car myslef but have never changed a fuel filter. Any help would be much appreciated.

I would say every 2 - 3 years mileage dependant. changing the filter involves removing the pump on some models, or gaining access to it at least. they are a small fee and worth changing!

There are a few posts on here, I think somewhere a step by step has been done to talk you through this process...

I think Ford say the fuel filter is changed every 3 year or 30000 miles. I change the filter on my car every 12 months because they are cheap and easy to change. There are threads on here on how to change them. If you don't want to change the fuel filter than it could be a good idea to drain the water from the filter, using the drain !Removed! on the bottom of the filter.

ive done the fuel filter change on my 06 1.8tdci a few times and wrote a guide.

basically ford recommend every 37.5k miles. but i change mine at every service...a bit OTT but its how i like it.

its pretty simple...a massive hint, make sure you have a jerry can full of diesel..it will help get fuel through the system.

All replys much appreciated fella's. Got a filter last night and will fit over the weekend with John's "how to".

Thanks

Is the 2008 1.8tdci the same engine as the 2007 model....

i personally go for Mann filters or bosche...you know they are properly made and wont disintergrate.

i know there are two variants of engines, duratec and duratorq...they may have different filters...mine is the duratorq and so the guide is based on that