Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting To Hate My Focus

Mitsimatt

Right I have replaced map,maf and crankshaft sensor and still having problems in the morning I start it loads of mixed smoke black,blue sounds like it ls misfiring have to rev it hard to stop it running like !Removed! the smoke clears driving it around feels like hesitating juddering it dosent do it all the time and feels like the turbo is holding back not giving me all the power as I say it does it most of the time then it runs fine sometime and when it does it goes like !Removed! of the shovel I have no warning lights and when in neutral I rev it and it hits the limiter then do it again it hits the limiter but lower revs about 3,000 rpm it doing my head in only had it for a few weeks and spend a small fortune on it just want it to run normal of once please help thanks

hows the service history of the car? small things like filters / oil etc can make a difference, the fact its so erratic tells me it could be struggling to breathe - so try the air filters as well...

Mixed smoke, could mean that its got a clogged EGR (if equipped) that may need a clean, otherwise just a pile up of cack inside the fuel system could contribute...

Serviced regularly just changed the fuel filter and cleaned the egr valve still the same

What about air filter? have you also tried any additives?

Air filter is new and got redex is there better stuff for the injectors as redex say fuel system cleaner seen some other stuff with say injector cleaner

BG244 is supposed to be good. Just stuck some in myself - not notice much difference but then the motor was running ok anyway!

Catch rated it quite highly! I havent heard a negative review for it at all!

I have just put a can of bg244 in today let's say after 20 miles it's improving more torq and no smoke can't wait to see what it's like after the full treatment

Thats good to hear. Can't say it made any noticable difference to my motor but sure the previous owner had the injectors changed about 18 mths ago anyway. Mine being the 1.8TDCI with no DPF it still kicks out some smoke when floored but i understand that is normal.

I also used Wynns EGR cleaner last weekend and that did make a very noticable difference - obviously the fuel side of my motor is fine but the EGR side was slightly clogged up. I see you cleaned yours already - you take it apart or use something similar??

Na just spayed it in to be honest I'm gonna remove it tomorrow and clean it out properly

Yer i wanted to take mine off but it seems you need to remove part of exhaust, half the engine plus all the doors, seats and cup holders so decided i couldn't be arsed LOL

Made a difference though - might just stick another can through it - Can't do any harm and its only a tenner.

8quid at uniparts lol I got all day I'm gonna tackle it wish me luck lol