• Management
  • 4,197 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:41 AM

hi guys,

A weird attitude from my car tonight on the way home. Was approaching a junction in second gear, had to stop for a car going past, the brake pedal went hard and when i went to turn the steering wheel wouldnt move. when i looked at the dashboard all the usual lights were on for it to be in ignition mode without the engine running. i turned the car off then restarted the engine, started perfect and has never happened again since. any ideas?

When i rev the car and let it return to idle, the revs usually go just below 750 and you can feel a little shake, usually makes the lights flicker then it creeps back up. Never had a cutting out problem with it before though. VSS? ICV?

cheers guys

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

first to check and clean would be the icv as its the most likely suspect playing up.

#3 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

I agree fella. If that doesnt cure it, could be a remote chance its the VSS starting to fail.

#4 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,197 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
Contributor

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

cheers for that guys, ive had the !Removed! ICV out numerous times in the past to clean it as i thought it was causing my uneven idle but it never made a difference. It has had some amount of crap cleaned out it though. Maybe just need to take it out again for another clean. the car tried to stall again today at a roundabout, just coming to a stop the revs dropped to about 300rpm then climbed back up to normal. Trying to get a hold of one without going to the dealer is something else though.
cheers

#5 chumley

chumley

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: focus estate 1800i year 2000

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

cheers for that guys, ive had the !Removed! ICV out numerous times in the past to clean it as i thought it was causing my uneven idle but it never made a difference. It has had some amount of crap cleaned out it though. Maybe just need to take it out again for another clean. the car tried to stall again today at a roundabout, just coming to a stop the revs dropped to about 300rpm then climbed back up to normal. Trying to get a hold of one without going to the dealer is something else though.
cheers

saw one on ebay 29.95 cos ithink i have a like problem.....but i bet mine is worse than yours !!
not sure of the quality of these ebays ones though

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users