Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

Mrs used my car this wk and I used hers as she works local and keep miles equaled out - noticed light scuff on back wheel !! Not happy ! Then notice chunk out the front wheel and not only that she took chunk out the tyre too !!! She said she never even realised ......and can't see why so annoyed and gutted .......��

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

come on, it's not her fault..............it's purely an accident of birth :rolleyes:

When I hear stuff like this it just reminds me of the advantageous effect on my blood pressure, the decision never to buy new has been :)
You know where I fear females most..............supermarket car parks ;)

feel for you mate, but that's life

#3 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

come on, it's not her fault..............it's purely an accident of birth :rolleyes:

When I hear stuff like this it just reminds me of the advantageous effect on my blood pressure, the decision never to buy new has been :)
You know where I fear females most..............supermarket car parks ;)

feel for you mate, but that's life

She can't see why I am so gutted ? I can understand the light rear scuff she did not kno about but to chunk the tyre and alloy you would kno !

#4 poshpawsfiesta

poshpawsfiesta

AKA PoshPawsRenaultClio

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2016
Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

Make her pay for the damage out of her shoe and handbag allowance, but this is normally the point where you smack yourself on the forehead and realise you have a joint account lol :)
But normally with my car its opening the door on to a brick wall and looking at me and giggling thinking its going to make me forgive her, that really grates at me.
Or, getting in the car, putting the seat all the way forward so there is a 1 inch gap between her kness and the glovebox lid and then her mobile phone rings and she pulls her handbag up through the gap with all its metal buckles making deep groves in the glovebox lid, grrrr !!
And theres the usual foot marks on the dashboard and windscreen, mascara marks on the ceiling where shes doing her eyes and i go over a bump ( but then some how its my fault for going over the bump!) and to add to the wound my seatbelts always turn orange from the foundation she puts on like a mask!
But when i go on her new laptop and apparently 'bang' the keys too hard all hell breaks loose!
Urghh rant over lol :)

#5 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

Make her pay for the damage out of her shoe and handbag allowance, but this is normally the point where you smack yourself on the forehead and realise you have a joint account lol :)
But normally with my car its opening the door on to a brick wall and looking at me and giggling thinking its going to make me forgive her, that really grates at me.
Or, getting in the car, putting the seat all the way forward so there is a 1 inch gap between her kness and the glovebox lid and then her mobile phone rings and she pulls her handbag up through the gap with all its metal buckles making deep groves in the glovebox lid, grrrr !!
And theres the usual foot marks on the dashboard and windscreen, mascara marks on the ceiling where shes doing her eyes and i go over a bump ( but then some how its my fault for going over the bump!) and to add to the wound my seatbelts always turn orange from the foundation she puts on like a mask!
But when i go on her new laptop and apparently 'bang' the keys too hard all hell breaks loose!

Mate I agree - cant see why I am so angry , new tyre is 200 and 2 x new alloys is about 360 - she has said get it sorted but only had car 4 wks so not gonna throw 600 at it ! To be honest most people won't notice but I know it's there ! Foot prints on the window tho bud I would be worried there lol wink wink .......

#6 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

Mate I agree - cant see why I am so angry , new tyre is 200 and 2 x new alloys is about 360 - she has said get it sorted but only had car 4 wks so not gonna throw 600 at it ! To be honest most people won't notice but I know it's there ! Foot prints on the window tho bud I would be worried there lol wink wink .......

Get the alloy refurbed for around 50-60, it'll look as good as new. Wouldn't bother with tyre unless its dangerous.

#7 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

Get the alloy refurbed for around 50-60, it'll look as good as new. Wouldn't bother with tyre unless its dangerous.

Tyre mate just ripped the protector but no metal showing and can't tell unless close - may get refurb eventually but I may calm down in a week or so and realise not to bad ! You wait till I scuff her high heels on her shoes and before you ask no I won't be wearing them lol

#8 poshpawsfiesta

poshpawsfiesta

AKA PoshPawsRenaultClio

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

Haha well... if you have 'fully indepandant control blade multi link rear suspension' you've got to test it out somehow lol, jokes!
But if you do decide to get them refurbed' i would suggest waiting till after the xmas period as having such low profile tyres you are more likely than not, to hit them in the snow and ice know matter how carefull you are! (not wanting to jynx you ofcourse.)

#9 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

Haha well... if you have 'fully indepandant control blade multi link rear suspension' you've got to test it out somehow lol, jokes!
But if you do decide to get them refurbed' i would suggest waiting till after the xmas period as having such low profile tyres you are more likely than not, to hit them in the snow and ice know matter how carefull you are! (not wanting to jynx you ofcourse.)

Mate perfectionist me so will prob get 2 new alloys and tyre after Xmas 😢

#10 poshpawsfiesta

poshpawsfiesta

AKA PoshPawsRenaultClio

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

Mate perfectionist me so will prob get 2 new alloys and tyre after Xmas ��

Not a bad idea, if you have the spare cash of course.
But you could still probally get 100 for a slightly scuffed 18 inch alloy, if you sell them on ebay.

#11 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

Lmao! You thought of doing stand up?

Paul :)

#12 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170
  • Year: 2004

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

I love how you guys are moaning about girls driving them I'd prefer my mum to take my car than my dad last time he took it to work (race marshal at oulton park) he used it as a safety car for the day ie with the lights on the roof etc the poor thing came home with its tongue hanging out. Old sod that said though my mum has bashed the rear passenger side alloy in but there all corroded and curbed anyway ... how i miss my jobless days cleaning my mk1 :(

Edited by DanGull, 06 November 2011 - 01:01 PM.
Swearing is not allowed on FOC, and starred out letters are treated the same way as if you had written the word.

#13 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

Not a bad idea, if you have the spare cash of course.
But you could still probally get 100 for a slightly scuffed 18 inch alloy, if you sell them on ebay.

Just cleaned car and touched up - not to bad mate to be honest but I am fussy lol

#14 kevin lancelott

kevin lancelott

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Name: kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium X 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2013

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

Its not just my girl friend then.When she gets in the car I tell her not to touch anything.She says she gets bored. Lipstick on the sun blind,closing and moving the air vents.Even put her feet on dash the last time so boots touched the window and dirt from boots on window.I went mad on that one.

#15 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

Its not just my girl friend then.When she gets in the car I tell her not to touch anything.She says she gets bored. Lipstick on the sun blind,closing and moving the air vents.Even put her feet on dash the last time so boots touched the window and dirt from boots on window.I went mad on that one.

Yes but mate to them it's "JUST" a car !!! You only have to watch a women wash a car to see what she thinks of them ......... 😉

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users