Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec S Bodykit Stolen!

ryzels

Hello, new here & hope i'm in the correct place.

A couple of nights ago my girlfriends (this is her account) '09 was parked outside the house as usual. Then at approx 5am, some thieving chav decided to rip the sideskirts off her car. The police were called, & as much as they would like to have caught the little sod, they couldn't do anything.

This will now cost around £700 to buy the trim & paint, so we're clearly annoyed.

The qustions i'd like to ask are as following......

1, Once the new kit is fitted, is there a more secure way of keeping the kit & car together, as it seems it just pops off.

2, Is there a way to make the alarm more sensitive, as i am now awake each night hoping they will return, as i'd like to remove his teeth from his head in a similar fashion that he removed parts from the car. I'd like the alarm to sound should this happen again.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions :) There is a reward for any information on the little sod that did this.

Edited by Mark M.K
Swearing removed. Please Don't swear on FOC - that includes staring out the words.

I live in hagley mate so not far away at all! The guy who put my skirts on is great and cheap as he is not VAT registered. He glued mine on so they wouldn't get robbed...

I live in hagley mate so not far away at all! The guy who put my skirts on is great and cheap as he is not VAT registered. He glued mine on so they wouldn't get robbed...

Hi, thanks for reply, we're in Rowley Regis, we have the same car as yours model/colour. The link you gave was for the last generation i think?

The problem is, do we claim on insurance, or buy it ourselves?????? I've been keeping an eye on eBay incase they were stolen to sell on, although i suspect they were stolen to order.

!Removed! annoyed that scum feel the need to damage nice cars the way they do. Also worried they will also take the replacements.

www.topbodykit.co.uk/p/490/ford/ford-fiesta-mk--side-skirts

Try these?

FORD FIESTA MK8 new car FULL LENGTH SIDE SKIRTS -3 DOOR | eBay UKcgi.ebay.co.uk › Vehicle Parts & Accessories › Car Parts › Ford

Well I'd buy and plus the guy who did mine still has plenty of paint left so you won't have to order, he won't be selling them on but instead putting them on his own car I bet as there expensive parts. Il keep a look out

Well I'd buy and plus the guy who did mine still has plenty of paint left so you won't have to order, he won't be selling them on but instead putting them on his own car I bet as there expensive parts. Il keep a look out

Do you have his details? Cheers :)

FORD FIESTA MK8 new car FULL LENGTH SIDE SKIRTS -3 DOOR | eBay UKcgi.ebay.co.uk › Vehicle Parts & Accessories › Car Parts › Ford

Will have a look now.

Thanks

This is getting quite a common, nasty crime. Many parts of many cars will simply pull off with minimal damage to the part. These parts are often sold on through eBay, making the thief hundreds at a time often. It's our kind of cars that get targeted too, common but sport variants with desirable, expensive body panels.

Keep an eye on eBay, if anything pops up where the seller is in your location, selling same colour skirts as used etc, contact the police and eBay.

Spoilers/Side Skirts/Centre Caps were very common to be stolen on the previous generation Fiesta ST. Also, Front & Rear bumpers, Grilles and Front fogs.

Sorry to hear about your loss anyway, do you own a garage, or could you hire a local garage to keep the car in over night? CCTV may also come in handy, it's very cheap these days, can be set up with a webcam and may just deter a thief. Aftermarket alarm might be worth considering also. Make sure the replacement's secured.

May want to check the spoiler also.

No way! Can't believe they literally ripped them off! Sorry to hear that..... Minks :angry:

Hope you get it sorted soon/cheaply as poss :)

Hi, thanks for reply, we're in Rowley Regis, we have the same car as yours model/colour. The link you gave was for the last generation i think?

The problem is, do we claim on insurance, or buy it ourselves?????? I've been keeping an eye on ebay incase they were stolen to sell on, although i suspect they were stolen to order.

!Removed! annoyed that scum feel the need to damage nice cars the way they do. Also worried they will also take the replacements.

If you want to claim be sure that's what you want to do, the second you report it whether you claim or not it's logged and WILL start having an effect on your premium. In my case, I tapped a car in front and cracked my numberplate, no damage to his vehicle, both drove off happy. Told my insurers and for the last 3 years i've been paying higher premiums as i'm in 'increased risk' now.

If you want to claim be sure that's what you want to do, the second you report it whether you claim or not it's logged and WILL start having an effect on your premium. In my case, I tapped a car in front and cracked my numberplate, no damage to his vehicle, both drove off happy. Told my insurers and for the last 3 years i've been paying higher premiums as i'm in 'increased risk' now.

I wouldn't even of phoned them for that cracked number plate.... :huh:

07988 860672, there's his number. His name is Carl and he's situated in Halesowen on top of muklows hill right by B&Q in the industry estate on the end. It doesn't look the best of places but he's professional and brilliant does all the work for my dad who owns westmid vehicles also in Halesowen.

07988 860672, there's his number. His name is Carl and he's situated in Halesowen on top of muklows hill right by B&Q in the industry estate on the end. It doesn't look the best of places but he's professional and brilliant does all the work for my dad who owns westmid vehicles also in Halesowen.

Cheers, that's only a few miles away from me. :)

No problem glad I could help, he also knows how to fit ect because he did all of my kit

May want to check the spoiler also.

The spoiler is quite well bolted on, there are at least 5 screws in it, 4 in the boot lid, and on behind the brake light, I know, I fitted one to me titanium!

My God!! The thieving little ....! And what an utterly random thing to steal! Only suggestion I can think of mate is to pay for a Clifford or Toad alarm system, they will go off if someone is next to the car for too long I think. Very highly regarded and extremely technical and may save a few quid on the insurance, but they have to fitted by recognised installers. You can get systems that text you when your car's broken into as well.

Edited by DanGull
Please don't swear on FOC - even with starred out letters.

All help & comments much appreciated, having seen the pdf of the fitting as posted by Lez, i'm shocked to see how easy it muct have been for the theif to take it.

I've been looking around today to find a the replacement parts. Any suggestions? Would prefer original parts, does anyone know where to buy them other than Ford main dealer?

May have to go for another alarm, now sick of staying up until early hours of the morning on the off chance the little chav should return! Out of interest i got my girlfriend to get a quote on the car insurance for living in a different area, the difference from the west midalnds, to Gloucestershire was approx £1k saving a year on fully comp insurance. I think a move may be on the cards.....

I can't believe that some little toe rag did that. I was surprised how flimsy the body kit feels, so I guess knicking one wouldn't take too much.

Hope you manage to sort out for not too much cash.

The spoiler is quite well bolted on, there are at least 5 screws in it, 4 in the boot lid, and on behind the brake light, I know, I fitted one to me titanium!

That's nice to know, I wasn't sure but I know spoilers of past have been an easy job and particularly having 2 holes in it that could be used as handles!

All help & comments much appreciated, having seen the pdf of the fitting as posted by Lez, i'm shocked to see how easy it muct have been for the theif to take it.

I've been looking around today to find a the replacement parts. Any suggestions? Would prefer original parts, does anyone know where to buy them other than Ford main dealer?

Right: http://www.fordonlineparts.co.uk/product/Ford_Fiesta_Side_skirt_kit_right_hand_side_-_2008_onwards_-_1557280_F1557280-103

Left: http://www.fordonlineparts.co.uk/product/Ford_Fiesta_Side_skirt_kit_left_hand_side_-_2008_onwards_-_1557281_F1557281-102

SOLD SEPARATELY. £167.18 each, primed.

I know a few people use a product named tiger glue available of eBay apparently its very good as they use it to stick spoilers straight to cars without fixings might be worth getting hold of some of this for your new panels as this should make it harder to get off in future.

also hope you catch the scum who did it.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't even of phoned them for that cracked number plate.... :huh:

Had no choice, i worked for the company I was insured with and if he made a claim I would of got in a bit of trouble for not reporting it... sucks but =/ thats life I guess! Should be off my record soon =D Boom!

May have to go for another alarm, now sick of staying up until early hours of the morning on the off chance the little chav should return! Out of interest i got my girlfriend to get a quote on the car insurance for living in a different area, the difference from the west midalnds, to Gloucestershire was approx £1k saving a year on fully comp insurance. I think a move may be on the cards.....

Birmingham is a fraud hotspot for insurers for slam ons/staged accidents, also high on the list of areas for organised crime, arson and theft! Gloucestershire on the other hand.. nout goes on there!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club