Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Won't Refund Warranty

AussieintheUK

Hi Everyone,

I need some advise on where to go to next, this is a 4 year long running saga and i'm at the end of my tether.

My mother and father in law bought an 1999 Ford Focus from ****Dealership 1 ***** in June 2006. With the car they also bought a 2 year Ford Certified extended warranty (as the dealership didn't do any other warranties at this time)for $448. 3 months after they purchased the car, they took it to a ****Dealership 2***** to have the MOT done, it failed. They were shocked that it failed so soon after buying it, but remembered they had the extended warranty and asked if it would cover the issues. ****Dealership 2**** advised that there was no register warranty under this vehicle. My mother in law has kept all the paper work and had proof of this and took it back down to ****Dealership 2**** but they said that unfortunately they couldn't fix it under the warranty as it hasn't been put on the system yet.

So we called the salesman who sold us the car and left 3 messages for him and he never returned our call. So we went for a visit to the dealership and the salesman who sold us the car said it must of been an oversight and that he would get his manager to give us a call regarding this. No one ever called us back after numerous more messages and numerous visits to the dealership.

So we decided to take further action and speak to Ford Customer Relations, who again never called us back.

We then had a death in the family and this issue took the wayside and we didn't follow this up again. Until the Ford Problems with the instrument cluster occurred in September 2011. We weren't aware of the watchdog program, and ford never notified its customers that there was a known ford fault and it cost my mother in father in law £500 to have it fixed.

Well after the warranty situation and this problem I have had enough so I again called customer service to lodge a complaint that they didn't notified their customers of a known ford fault and that my complaint from 2007 was never finalised or looked into. So after speaking to the Team Leader of Customer service, Grace, for over a month trying to resolve the issue and sending her copies of the invoices and warranty details and eftpos receipts she has come to a conclusion today.

"Unfortunately as the warranty details were never sent to Ford Head office there is nothing that can be done from Customer Relations. You need to speak to the dealership to see if they can sort it out for you. The dealership is separate to Ford and we take no responsibility for the issues you have experienced, we do however sympathize with your complaint."

Well needless to say im very very angry. The Manager of ****Dealership 1**** won't return my calls, and a member of his team has advised me that he has said he won't be looking into my complaint and has told Grace from Customer Relations that he won't be speaking to me regarding this.

I'm not sure what else to do. How is it they can just take our money (either the dealership or the salesman) and there isn't anything we can do about it?

Sorry its so long but i'm really angry.

I think Trading Standards should also be made aware of the dealerships fraud, and I would also write to BBC Watchdog in case there are other complaints about the company.

Agreed, Trading Standards, Citizens advise, Consumer Focus and watchdog should be notified.

Also I would protest on their doorstep with all your documentation and refuse to leave until you have been seen. I would also advise that you advised them of this complaint, it was never upheld and that you are seeking getting redress for the vehicle not being fit for purpose. normally you are allowed 6 years to take this up, but I believe this is from the date of products first sale.

I would definately drive down there and stay until someone gets you the MD, and I would also take a crowd with you... They wouldnt want an angry crowd cluttering up the place now would they?

Also its also a good way to get the MD's attention, by accidentally reversing your car, or one of their demonstration vehicles into their dealership window. I know one person who did this to Vauxhall, and aside the fact he paid them £100 to get their windows fixed (quite enthusiastically I might add as he finally got it sorted) he also got full compensation / refunds for his faults. in fact totalling more than £1,500 (still walked away with £1400!)

I really wish you luck, it sounds like a nightmare scenario, but hopefully one of the regulatory bodies should be able to help. If you lodge enough complaints, someone will listen. As these dealers will potentially also be regulated by the Financial Services Authority, you may be able to speak to their ombudsman for further advice.

Good Luck and I look forward to positive outcomes for you!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club