Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tweeter Size

odyssey

Have anyone measured the size of the factory tweeters? That's crucial information, when searching for a speaker upgrade for the MK7 :)

Slightly related: I've seen posts of people mentioning a 4+4-speaker setup. Are some Fiesta's fitted with tweeters in the back as well? If that's the case, are there any way to retrofit that?

Have anyone measured the size of the factory tweeters? That's crucial information, when searching for a speaker upgrade for the MK7 :)

Slightly related: I've seen posts of people mentioning a 4+4-speaker setup. Are some Fiesta's fitted with tweeters in the back as well? If that's the case, are there any way to retrofit that?

Yes, but I don't have the numbers to hand. I'll check later. They are smaller than most aftermarket tweeters and have a non-standard mounting so you'd have a hard time finding a direct replacement, and would probably have to use hot-melt glue to hold them in place. When I changed my Speakers, I put new tweeters on top of the dash, which gives much better imaging than the really poor location of the originals.

I got hold of a tweeter.

They are actually quite much larger than I thought. You could probably fit most aftermarket tweeters in it, at least with a little tweaking.

The tweeter is 41mm at it's widest point and 31mm deep.

This could be a good thread to specify which tweeters are able to fit. I know that my brother has fitted some Magnat in his with some tweaking. I'll try to get the model number.

Personally I'd probably go for some MDS, but their tweeters are quite large, and the specs on them are nowhere to be found.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club