Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 "usb Software Update"

BHeart

Hi

Like many other members, I updated my system bluetooth/radio software using the recently released Ford 'software update' which we could download from the Ford website and, although it was successfully updated, I have noticed that the radio/telephone volume is now lower for my normal setting and the 'adaptive volume' is no longer working. I know that this will be a minor issue for most user's but I quite liked it and would like to know if anyone else noticed this?

My normal radio volume was 4 (not loud I know but loud enough for me) and with the engine running it was just right and then when I drove away on our local m'way to work, the volume increased with the speed of the car (normally noticeable when the speed got around 40mph and over) to compensate for the engine and road noise. Then when I started slowing down for junctions etc, I could actually hear the volume drop in line with the reduced speed and road noise.

Since the software update, that no longer happens. I have tried returning the 'adaptive volume' to 0 and then back up to 7 but that makes no difference to the volume when increasing/decreasing speed. Also my 'pre-update' volume setting of '4' now needs to be increased by '2' to get the same comforable listening volume that I was getting with '4' and the phone call volume is also affected in the same way.

I'm just wondering if I should have returned the 'adaptive volume' to 0 before I updated the software?

Regards, BHeart

I didn't even know adaptive volume was a feature :-o

Is this just in the menu somewhere - gonna have to have a look for this, how come I didn't know about it! Lol :-s

How did you download the software?

Hi

Read this thread - - and then follow the update link below:

The software update is downloadable from this link - make sure you read and follow the instructions given on the same page:

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates

Regards, BHeart

I didn't even know adaptive volume was a feature :-o

Is this just in the menu somewhere - gonna have to have a look for this, how come I didn't know about it! Lol :-s

Hi

Yes the 'adaptive volume' option is available in the MENU under AUDIO - I think it's shown as 'adaptive vol' and I'm assuming that it is available for all Mk7 Fiesta models.

Regards, BHeart

Hi

Read this thread - - and then follow the update link below:

The software update is downloadable from this link - make sure you read and follow the instructions given on the same page:

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates

Regards, BHeart

You sir and this forum are the definition of AWESOME!!! :D

I think after every single Apple iOS update it has managed to break it's bluetooth compatibility. I don't blame Ford one bit as it's up to Apple to comply with the standards but from my experience they choose not to half the time and we all end up with broken links!!

So Ford allowing us to install their updates will be massively help. Thank ever so much for the response. I'll give a go later on, I only have the Ford head unit though with handsfree and bluetooth etc but I'm assuming it works with this too?

Ok, so I just updated and it only took about 15 mins and worked fine. I now don't get the audio sync error message etc.

One question though, can I now ditch the Ford iPod connection cable? I read the updates release notes and saw it stated it now supports Apple cables, and I have my lil iPod 3rd gen running fine with just a Apple USB cable connected? Anyone know as the Ford cable is damn big and annoying? I should explain that I mean I have full sound and control of my iPod now with JUST the Apple USB cable connected, no connection is made to the 3.5mm aux jack next to the USB socket under the gear leaver like the Ford Y cable did.

If this is fine then I'm googling for a Black iPod cable and happy day's!! Whites a bit 'look at my iPod cable'.

Strange, I followed that thread updated mine and now it works perfectly with iOs5 and my iPhone 4s; I'd even go as far to say the best the radio and bluetooth have ever worked.

I ran the software update yesterday and i can confirm you no longer need the Ford y cable. The normal apple ipod lead works just fine, which is much better in my opinion.

Cheers mate, brought one. I had a play tonight and can confirm using my old Nano 3rd gen 'Fatboy', the Ford stereo only uses the USB connection. I do NOT need the Ford Y cable at all. In fact, I used the Y cable and with the USB connection plugged in you can plug and unplug the axillary plug whilst playing a tune and it makes NO difference at all, the song keeps playing regardless.

I then connected only the axillary part of the Y cable and did not connect the USB part, and then the Ford stereo would automatically ignore the USB connection when you went through the AUX menu and only select the axillary in jack, I then played a track and confirmed that it played fine and unplugging the jack of course stopped the music.

So yes, Ford have changed the stereo to use the digital connection, I hope their D/A converters are decent enough? They sound it, also like to add my iPhone 4 works totally fine still via bluetooth.

Hi Guys, quick question on this, i went to the link to download the update but theres no compatibility list and only one download so i take it this is a universal update for all ford stereos?

Ive got a '10 titanium (pre sony) with bt, usb and voice control, can anyone confirm this wont brick the stereo, im going to be doing 8+ hours of driving this weekend and really don't wanna do it without music.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Guys, quick question on this, i went to the link to download the update but theres no compatibility list and only one download so i take it this is a universal update for all ford stereos?

Ive got a '10 titanium (pre sony) with bt, usb and voice control, can anyone confirm this wont brick the stereo, im going to be doing 8+ hours of driving this weekend and really don't wanna do it without music.

Cheers

Rob

I have the Ford stereo with handsfree, bluetooth, USB and it updated fine, just follow the instructions carefully, make sure your USB stick is FAT32 formatted and that the update files are on the root of the USB drive, I.E. not placed in a folder on it. My radio didn't mute but it did state it was updating the firmware whilst doing it and then the message went off, I turned the radio off then back on, I then checked the phone menu as per the instructions and it's been fine.

But yes I do think it's a universal update for all Ford stereo's, some on here have the Sony head unit and have used the same file.

Cool, cheers mate,

Tbh, i have an android phone so i havent got all the IOS5 problems but i have had problems with shuffle on the USB which im hoping the update will fix. When i bought the car i asked about checking for updates to the firmware, they just looked at me blankly and said they couldn't offer that service and it would have to be taken to another ford garage that could. Nearly a year later and i still haven't got round to it so its pretty cool you can now do it yourself lol.

I just purchased a new black ipod lead now that I no longer need to horrible Ford Y cable. Only 20cm long and is a perfect length for the job. Here is a link if anyone else is interested.

Click here.

Also, I have an HTC Desire android phone and my phonebook never displayed over bluetooth. Since the update, it seems to have fixed this problem. Only problem now though, is my phone never automatically connects when I turn the car on. The headunit recognises my phone but just doesn't connect. Have to go through the headunits phone menu to activate every time. Any suggestions?

Has anyone had any problems updating their software?

Every time I try to update, is just says "update failed, please try again" after about 30 seconds.

Tried everything, even formatting the USB pen with no joy.

Has anyone had any problems updating their software?

Every time I try to update, is just says "update failed, please try again" after about 30 seconds.

Tried everything, even formatting the USB pen with no joy.

I had the same problem with my early 2009/Stage IV Fiesta and I found a tip on a German forum:

Only extract the two .bvc and .vbf files for your language. In this case the language is presumably English, which has the counter intuitive code of AT. So extract the *-AT.bvc and *-AT.vbf files to the USB stick and nothing else.

This seemed to work for me, though I didn't actually see the success message as I had wandered off after a few minutes waiting.

Also, I still don't have the bluetooth option in the aux menu, but I can select it using the voice commands: external device -> bluetooth -> play

Thought I would add an update. My iPod has worked beautifully with just a USB cable since the update so winner there!! :)

BUT, I still get the bluetooth audio from my iPhone 4 stop after about 5 to 10 mins, it actually goes crackly then stops? If I select the radio or iPod then back to the bluetooth it plays again only to repeat the fault again, and so on and on..

Reading the web though bluetooth issues are not exclusive to Ford, looks like all sorts of manufacturers are having issues. Not impressed with Apple about this. I have always had bluetooth issues with my 3GS before my 4 and all after Apple updates it's software!

I found a couple bugs with the update too.

Randomly earlier today it came up 'BT device error' or something like that, and then disconnected for a minute or so.

And also sometimes when I change track via steering wheel controls the track will physically change but the display just sticks on the same song and doesn't change. :huh:

I found a couple bugs with the update too.

Randomly earlier today it came up 'BT device error' or something like that, and then disconnected for a minute or so.

And also sometimes when I change track via steering wheel controls the track will physically change but the display just sticks on the same song and doesn't change. :huh:

Yeah, it's not good, I guess we can either downgrade to iOS 4, or wait for a possible fix from Apple or Ford, but Ford are quite right to place the blame on Apple as it's their fault to stop support for systems after it updates.

I'm thinking of a tablet next year and am in no way getting an iPad because of all the problems Apple gives you. Going to get an Android one instead.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club