Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2007
  • Year: 2014

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

Just ordered this now. Contacted the seller and he can get red, white or blue for Focus. Should save fumbling about on these dark evenings looking for the ignition key hole......

http://www.ebay.co.u...E:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I have the fitting instructions, will put them up shortly, nice Saturday morning job :)

Bought for £17 all in by the way, selling direct.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4841.jpg
  • IMG_4840.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 bt_cav

bt_cav

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 330 posts
  • Name: Brian
  • Ford Model: focus
  • Year: 2004

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

Look good,

Im guessing it goes on with the Interior light

#3 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

Yeah, piggy backs onto existing loom blocks up in the roof, so no cutting. Instructions are WPS document and too big to upload, unless theres another way ?

#4 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,449 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

Yeah, piggy backs onto existing loom blocks up in the roof, so no cutting. Instructions are WPS document and too big to upload, unless theres another way ?

These are a very nice mod,
i have my name in for a red one,
my mate will be selling these for Ä9.96 or £8.50 in the coming weeks shipping from Ireland in colours blue, White or red.
identical item to the one above
Within Ireland postage is Ä4.70 First class registered post Tracking number.
not sure what the price is to the uk
his email is
fastfocuscustomparts@live.ie

#5 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,449 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Ive Just Purchased one of these in red from Fastfocuscustomparts for £8.52 Click Here
I should recieve it tomorrow :D
they also have stock of the custom climate controls all shipping from ireland instead of china
so quicker delivery times 3 days
instead of 3 weeks

B)

#6 macachia

macachia

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Name: Anthony
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus ST 2008
  • Year: 2008

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

can anyone upload the document on megaupload, hot file or any other free hosting site?

#7 alkyz89

alkyz89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Name: Aaron
  • Ford Model: focus zetec S

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

how big of a job is it to connect a wire from dome light down the window column to the ignition??

#8 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,449 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:05 AM

how big of a job is it to connect a wire from dome light down the window column to the ignition??

Not a big one mate these kits come with the plugs needed to filter the power supply and full fitting instructions, ive purchased one myself i should get it tomorrow so looking foward to fitting,

if you reach up to the windscreen where the roof lining meets the glass you can pull lth lining doen just enough to route the cable inside the lining acroos to the door

then theirs no need to remove A pillar cover, just remove the rubber strip on the door and run the cable inside it doen to inside the footwell,

then up the steering coulmn in to the ignition.

although if you have footwell lights in your car you wont need to run a power cable down from the interior light as you can tap in to the power of the footwell lights, :P

#9 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,449 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

Received my ignition ring light this morning,

Very happy with it, fits perfectly in the surrounding slot and comes complete with the loom, so no need to purchase extra cables or splice in to any either,

I didnít run the cable up the pillar to the interior light i just run the cable down to the driverís footwell light and cut it to length then spliced in to the footwell loom its brilliant, lights up when i unlock the car, open the doors or switch off the engine.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

lianIve got the Loom piece left over from my install as i tapped in to the footwells,
however this piece would be useful for anyone who doesnt have the footwell lights working in ther car as it filters the cables saving you from cutting the car loom,
if any one wants it PM me its free you just need to pay for the postage which would be £4.50 to the UK, See Picture Below B)

Posted Image

#10 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,081 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Received my ignition ring light this morning,

Very happy with it, fits perfectly in the surrounding slot and comes complete with the loom, so no need to purchase extra cables or splice in to any either,

I didn't run the cable up the pillar to the interior light i just run the cable down to the driver's footwell light and cut it to length then spliced in to the footwell loom its brilliant, lights up when i unlock the car, open the doors or switch off the engine.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

lianIve got the Loom piece left over from my install as i tapped in to the footwells,
however this piece would be useful for anyone who doesnt have the footwell lights working in ther car as it filters the cables saving you from cutting the car loom,
if any one wants it PM me its free you just need to pay for the postage which would be £4.50 to the UK, See Picture Below B)

Posted Image

since i dont have the footwell lights ide be interested to see how it fits to the courtesy light. and nope ive checked all the wiring no wires foir footwell lights mine was ordered specifically without them boo hoo

#11 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

Linking to the Courtest is a simple one wire feed as Lenny described , picking up an earth from any where near to where your requirement is.

I like the Rings and would of fitted one if mine had not been keyless start , my start button lights up already , not that it would have fitted there.

#12 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,081 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

Linking to the Courtest is a simple one wire feed as Lenny described , picking up an earth from any where near to where your requirement is.

I like the Rings and would of fitted one if mine had not been keyless start , my start button lights up already , not that it would have fitted there.

ill hold you to that lol sod it ive ordered one from where lenny got his so we will see

#13 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

ill hold you to that lol sod it ive ordered one from where lenny got his so we will see

Nice one , i'm waiting for that guy to get some Black or Silver Heater control knobs he is emailing me when they arrive.:)

#14 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,081 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Nice one , i'm waiting for that guy to get some Black or Silver Heater control knobs he is emailing me when they arrive.:)

let me know im after them as well :D

#15 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

can anyone upload the document on megaupload, hot file or any other free hosting site?

Try this link and let me know if it works,

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|352tl3|964781129|FORD_Focus_LED_Illuminating_Ignition_Barrel_Fitting_Instructions.docx|680

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users